Washington DC Hotels

Old September 27th, 2004, 04:55 AM
TheNewsGuy

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:49:38 GMT, "Woody"
wrote:

I am looking for recommendations for a hotel in Washington DC suitable for a
family and good for sightseeing. Main requisites are safety, cleanliness,
efficiency, air con and location for tourist sites especially the
Smithsonian museum(s).

We stayed at The Harrington last fall. Great location - walk 2 blocks
to the Smithsonians, etc. Inexpensive but old. Clean rooms but not a
nice modern feeling. Depends how important that is. We would stay
there again, even knowing its limitations.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ The News Guy(Mike) - Seinfeld Lists
+ (two mirrored sites)
+ http://membres.lycos.fr/tnguym
+ http://wave.prohosting.com/tnguym NOWTHISWORKS
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old September 27th, 2004, 09:47 AM
B Vaughan

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:03:57 -0500, (Miguel Cruz)
wrote:

Woody wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a hotel in Washington DC suitable for a
family and good for sightseeing. Main requisites are safety, cleanliness,
efficiency, air con and location for tourist sites especially the
Smithsonian museum(s).

I would hope to keep it under $150 a night for two room suite or two double
rooms. Is that possible in Washington?

There's always the Harrington (sorry to steal your thunder, Keith). I don't
know how "efficient" it is, but the location is about as good as you're
going to get for the museums without spending a billion dollars or crossing
to the other side of the Mall and staying in the wasteland of Southwest
(e.g., the FEMA Holiday Inn).

http://www.hotel-harrington.com/

I've stayed in the Harrington; it's a little rundown and threadbare,
but clean and well-staffed. The location couldn't be better and there
are daily advisories posted in the lobby for tourists, such as the
fact that the White House was unexpectedly closed to visitors one day
that I was there. There is also a cafeteria attached to the hotel,
where you can get a decent meal at a good price, including some
southern specialties like grits for breakfast.
--------
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.

Old September 27th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Larry

Woody wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for a hotel in Washington DC

suitable for a
family and good for sightseeing. Main requisites are safety,

cleanliness,
efficiency, air con and location for tourist sites especially the
Smithsonian museum(s).

I would hope to keep it under $150 a night for two room suite or two

double
rooms. Is that possible in Washington?

State Plaza Hotel; a converted apartment building, short walk to the
West end of the mall. It meets all of your criteria.

Larry