Kudos to Princess

Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Kudos to Princess

In article , Tom K
wrote:

Other evenings it came without dressing, and a plate of dressings
never showed up.

That was an issue with the assistant waiter. I think too many tables.
The assistants seemed to be serving more tables than the waiter. And
there seemed to be some kind of teaming up with the assistants.

--
Charles
Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

Charles wrote:
In article , Tom K
wrote:

We're looking at a major disconnect... either there was significant
improvement, or maybe we have major differences in our expectations.

Read Gadget World's posts over the years. They are usually a
disconnect. That is what he does.

For the time being comments from both Jean and Sue substantially support
GW's positive review, as does Cruisecritic:

"Service was excellent in both dining rooms. Food, too, was generally
very good, and mostly focused on predictable basics (short ribs for
lunch, roasted tom turkey for dinner), but there were occasional and
always pleasant surprises (the rabbit ragout and frogs legs were
excellent!)."

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...cess/crown.cfm

Note that - according to this comment from cruisemates.com - Princess
adjusts its cuisine to the region its ship is sailing. Could it be the
chef was trying Norwegian food and failed or you just don't like that
kind of food?

"Unlike many cruise lines, Princess does not have an executive chef
designing the recipes for the entire fleet. Each ship has its own
executive chef who is responsible for the menu creation. This means
cuisine is more tailored the region the ship is cruising, a nice touch.
It also gives the chef the ability to change food selection according to
passenger response. In talking to the executive chef on board, we were
told that the best food is served in the open seating restaurants
(though the menus are identical in all three main dining rooms) because
of the ability to cook food as it is ordered, rather than according to a
pre-determined time schedule."

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...cess/crown.cfm

Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Borked Psuedo Mailed

Charles wrote:
In article , Tom K
wrote:

We're looking at a major disconnect... either there was significant
improvement, or maybe we have major differences in our expectations.

Read Gadget World's posts over the years. They are usually a
disconnect. That is what he does.

When rtcCharles finds something to complain about, he's accurately
reporting the facts. But when someone ELSE finds something to complain
about that Charles doesn't agree with, he or she is labeled a troll, or
suffering from dementia or a total disconnect from reality.

Call it the 'rtcCharles effect'.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 03:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , peter wrote:

For the time being comments from both Jean and Sue substantially support
GW's positive review, as does Cruisecritic:

"Service was excellent in both dining rooms. Food, too, was generally
very good, and mostly focused on predictable basics (short ribs for
lunch, roasted tom turkey for dinner), but there were occasional and
always pleasant surprises (the rabbit ragout and frogs legs were
excellent!)."

I am stick by my opinion of Jerry. I won't count what he posts because
of what he has posted in the past just like I don't count your posts
for much. Both of you are pieces of work.

The food on my first cruise on Crown Princess was good and the service
was great. The middle cruise was middling but I did not think it was as
bad as Tom or some others in our group thought it was. Things started
out bad, it was bad the first night and that was difficult to overcome.
It wasn't as good on that sailing as it was on the SGC but it was not
horrible. The last one which was the third time I have been on Crown
Princess it was a flop. I never called the food served in the MDR on a
ship horrible before on any ship. I think a some has to do with the
chef and some with the provisioning. It may be improved by know but I
would have to hear that from other than Jerry to believe it. I don't
think things are unchanging. If there were negative comments a cruise
line can take steps and turn that around.

Note that - according to this comment from cruisemates.com - Princess
adjusts its cuisine to the region its ship is sailing. Could it be the
chef was trying Norwegian food and failed or you just don't like that
kind of food?

There was no attempt to provide Norwegian food.

"Unlike many cruise lines, Princess does not have an executive chef
designing the recipes for the entire fleet. Each ship has its own
executive chef who is responsible for the menu creation. This means
cuisine is more tailored the region the ship is cruising, a nice touch.

I doubt the above. Just because it is in a Cruisemates review does not
make it true. I have seen the same menus repeated on Princess ships
often. The Crab Legs is an example. They always have that chilled Pina
Colada soup one evening too. I have been on Princess often. The menus
have not been unique by the chefs. I don't recall his name or title but
Princess does have a chef in charge for their fleet. He was onboard a
few days in Norway and gave a culinary demonstration.

--
Charles
Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

I been on 2 Crowns and 1 Grand and One pacific Princess

and the Crown on the 2nd one was by far a dissappointment. Some of
the Crabbiest onboard help and food was not good. Grand Had snobby
Crew.... BUT I try and make the best of whatever!

Old November 23rd, 2009, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"peter" wrote in message

Note that - according to this comment from cruisemates.com -

Cruisemates cannot be taken seriously. Their previously discussed financial
association (advertising/free cruises/comps, etc.) with cruise lines
eliminates potential objectivity. If they write something bad, they might
not get a future comp.... so why risk writing anything other than "glowing
remarks"...

Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

Tom K wrote:
"peter" wrote in message

Note that - according to this comment from cruisemates.com -

Cruisemates cannot be taken seriously. Their previously discussed financial
association (advertising/free cruises/comps, etc.) with cruise lines
eliminates potential objectivity. If they write something bad, they might
not get a future comp.... so why risk writing anything other than "glowing
remarks"...

Does the same apply to cruisecritic, from which the first paragraph was
taken? The correct link is:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/...cfm?ShipID=347

"Service was excellent in both dining rooms. Food, too, was generally
very good, and mostly focused on predictable basics (short ribs for
lunch, roasted tom turkey for dinner), but there were occasional and
always pleasant surprises (the rabbit ragout and frogs legs were
excellent!)."

Note that Consumer Reports, which definitely does not accept
advertising, and thus would appear to really be independent doesn't meet
Charles' high standards either, based on his Nov. 2 post. Could it be
that he's just a frustrated professional complainer?

Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , peter wrote:

Note that Consumer Reports, which definitely does not accept
advertising, and thus would appear to really be independent doesn't meet
Charles' high standards either, based on his Nov. 2 post. Could it be
that he's just a frustrated professional complainer?

Could it be that you are just an "usenet idiot" ? I will go with
that....

--
Charles
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr[_2_]

"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Gadget World wrote:
Recent rants in this NG against Princess had me rethinking the two
Princess cruises we had booked.

Well we just got back from the Crown and everything could not have been
better!

Food, service, accommodations, housekeeping, entertainment. The attitude
of all staff, officers and crew was great.

After many Princess cruises I must say that this was one of the best.

This is exactly the way we felt about our Crown Princess and Emerald
Princess sailings. Both of these cruises are among our favorite cruises so
far.

sue

We enjoyed your company on the Emerald. We wish you were joining us on the
Ruby on 1/9.

Old November 24th, 2009, 02:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Jr wrote:
"Sue Mullen" wrote in message

Gadget World wrote:
Recent rants in this NG against Princess had me rethinking the two
Princess cruises we had booked.

Well we just got back from the Crown and everything could not have been
better!

Food, service, accommodations, housekeeping, entertainment. The attitude
of all staff, officers and crew was great.

After many Princess cruises I must say that this was one of the best.

This is exactly the way we felt about our Crown Princess and Emerald
Princess sailings. Both of these cruises are among our favorite cruises so
far.

sue

We enjoyed your company on the Emerald. We wish you were joining us on the
Ruby on 1/9.

Same here and we must cruise together again!

sue