Thinking of Tom K

Old April 9th, 2010, 01:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default Thinking of Tom K

Tom K 's mom passed away so everyone keep him in your thoughts and
prayers as the family goes through this time....

Tom you know I am there in spirit for you and if you need me I be
there ...

Susie
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/9/10 8:24 AM, Susette wrote:
Tom K 's mom passed away so everyone keep him in your thoughts and
prayers as the family goes through this time....

Tom you know I am there in spirit for you and if you need me I be
there ...

Susie

Thanks Susie... she was 87, and until a week ago, she was driving,
surfing the internet on her laptop, e-mailing her friends, listening to
old Slovak songs on You Tube, shopping for herself, and had just gone to
Costco for spring flowers and grass seed. To be that active at 87...
she was healthy and active until the very end.

Susie, next time I see you, we'll plant that flower for her.

--Tom
Old April 9th, 2010, 01:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Apr 9, 8:34�am, Tom K wrote:
On 4/9/10 8:24 AM, Susette wrote:

Tom K 's mom passed away so everyone keep him in your thoughts and
prayers as the family goes through this time....

Tom you know I am there in spirit for you and �if you need me I be
there ...

Susie

Thanks Susie... she was 87, and until a week ago, she was driving,
surfing the internet on her laptop, e-mailing her friends, listening to
old Slovak songs on You Tube, shopping for herself, and had just gone to
Costco for spring flowers and grass seed. �To be that active at 87...
she was healthy and active until the very end.

Susie, next time I see you, we'll plant that flower for her.

--Tom

TOM that is what we will do. I am serious.. Those Slovaks are rugged
folk my mom was rugged... Its wonderful to know and feel that your
mom lived a good long life and was not ill. She is smiling and
planting her flowers in heaven....
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Briggs

Tom, your mom was really lucky to have had a great life like that up until
the end. My thoughts are with you and your family. This kind of thing is
never easy.

June

Old April 9th, 2010, 02:41 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Borked Psuedo Mailed

Susette wrote:
Tom K 's mom passed away so everyone keep him in your thoughts and
prayers as the family goes through this time....

Tom you know I am there in spirit for you and if you need me I be
there ...

Susie

wow.

His mom dies and he spends his time calling Peter a troll and arguing on
usenet. He has his priorities straight.

What a guy.

My condolences to the rest of the family.
Old April 9th, 2010, 02:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/9/10 9:44 AM, Becca wrote:
Tom, please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother. May she
rest in peace, safely in the arms of God.

Becca

Thanks Becca. I appreciate your thoughts.

--Tom

Old April 9th, 2010, 02:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca[_4_]

Old April 9th, 2010, 02:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

On 4/9/10 8:34 AM, Tom K wrote:
On 4/9/10 8:24 AM, Susette wrote:
Tom K 's mom passed away so everyone keep him in your thoughts and
prayers as the family goes through this time....

Tom you know I am there in spirit for you and if you need me I be
there ...

Susie

Thanks Susie... she was 87, and until a week ago, she was driving,
surfing the internet on her laptop, e-mailing her friends, listening to
old Slovak songs on You Tube, shopping for herself, and had just gone to
Costco for spring flowers and grass seed. To be that active at 87... she
was healthy and active until the very end.

Susie, next time I see you, we'll plant that flower for her.

--Tom

As an "oh, by the way"... she came to the US with her parents on the
very famous old French liner the Ille de France. They sailed from Le
Havre, and came into Manhattan. They had relatives in Pennsylvania's
farm country, so they had papers and didn't have to go through Ellis
Island. Years later she went back and visited Le Havre, to see how it
had changed.

In going through some of her papers, I found an old receipt for $30 from
Cunard Line (talk about sticker shock - $30). It was for Thomas Farba.
Farba was my grandmother's maiden name. They probably paid to bring
her brother to the US from Czechoslovakia.

I might have to do another Cunard westbound Transatlantic Crossing and
toast my mom along the way... though it's doubtful I'll have dry eyes as
we sail into NY Harbor at the end.

--Tom
Old April 9th, 2010, 03:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Tom K wrote:
On 4/9/10 8:24 AM, Susette wrote:
Tom K 's mom passed away so everyone keep him in your thoughts and
prayers as the family goes through this time....

Tom you know I am there in spirit for you and if you need me I be
there ...

Susie

Thanks Susie... she was 87, and until a week ago, she was driving,
surfing the internet on her laptop, e-mailing her friends, listening to
old Slovak songs on You Tube, shopping for herself, and had just gone to
Costco for spring flowers and grass seed. To be that active at 87...
she was healthy and active until the very end.

Tom, condolences from me and Kevin!!

I know the sudden loss is hard for you, but it is so good that she
wasn't sick or suffering.

sue
Old April 9th, 2010, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Mark (SF)

On Apr 9, 5:24*am, Susette wrote:
Tom K 's mom passed away so everyone keep him in your thoughts and
prayers as the family goes through this time....

Our deepest condolences, Tom. I hope I'm able to keep active 'till the
end like your Mom.
....perhaps we can toast her on a QM2 crossing again together!

You're in our thoughts.
Mark & Steve