Free Lambada Zouk class July 23rd

Old July 15th, 2007, 09:07 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Free Lambada Zouk class July 23rd

On Monday July 23rd, I will be hosting an introduction to Lambada
Zouk at the Inn On The Green, I will be teaching a free beginners
class as well as spinning some classic zouk and Kizomba tunes. This
is a very special night because there will be a lot of people seeing
and trying out Lambada for the first time, so it would be nice to
see everyone turn out to not only make this a night to remember but
to also show everyone what a wonderful atmosphere this dance can
create. Special bonus: some of the music played will be music never
before heard on the London club scene.

The Inn On The Green Is Located at;
3 - 5 Thorpe Close,
Ladbroke Grove
W10 5XL
Admission is Free
Class starts at 7:30 Sharp

also my Tuesday class at The Tabernacle is now for improvers and
intermediates, it's a great chance for people to work a bit more on
overal technique and brush up on the type of skills you need to be a
great Lambada dancer. We have a wonderful dance studio and because
of the structure of the class you will improve your dancing but get
a great workout in the bargain.

The Tabernacle is located at
Talbot Road & Powis Square
W11 2AJ
Cost of the class is 5 pounds and the class starts at 6:30

For those of you who are beginners I haven't forgotten you, I am
awaiting confirmation of dates where I will be holding specialized
workshops for beginners so keep your an eye out for that.

http://www.freewebs.com/lambadashakedown/

Old July 15th, 2007, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-07-15 16:07:37 -0400, " said:

On Monday July 23rd, I will be hosting an introduction to Lambada
Zouk at the Inn On The Green, I will be teaching a free beginners
class as well as spinning some classic zouk and Kizomba tunes. This
is a very special night because there will be a lot of people seeing
and trying out Lambada for the first time, so it would be nice to
see everyone turn out to not only make this a night to remember but
to also show everyone what a wonderful atmosphere this dance can
create. Special bonus: some of the music played will be music never
before heard on the London club scene.

Which is of just how much interest to US and Canada travelers?

Old July 16th, 2007, 08:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_1_]

On 7/15/2007 5:18 PM sechumlib exclaimed:
[snip]

Which is of just how much interest to US and Canada travelers?

Zouk is an interesting word. Lambada is passe in the US even many
Latins don't do it. But I'd be curious to see somebody Zouk. How is it
pronounced? Do you say "Zoock" or is it Zouk like "Suck". Is there a
travel destination in the US or Canada where I can watch people Zouk?

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:26 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Richard[_2_]

On 2007-07-15 16:07:37 -0400, "
said:

On Monday July 23rd, I will be hosting an introduction to Lambada Zouk at
the Inn On The Green,

snip
Special bonus: some of the music played will be music
never before heard on the London club scene.

Which is of just how much interest to US and Canada
travelers?

Perhaps anyone reading this group from London should attend, only to
interrupt the dancing and try to start a discussion of travel within the US
and Canada...

Richard

Old July 26th, 2007, 12:06 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On 18 Jul, 09:43, wrote:
wrote:
an introduction toLambadaZouk

Is that something different fromLambada?Lambadadisappeared in this
country many years ago. In fact, in spite of all the publicity, it
never even got started.

--
____________________
A site ABOUT DANCING:http://geocities.com/dancefest/

Lambada and zouk are one of the same years ago when the supply of
brazillian music to dance Lambada was no longer there, a few dancers
decided to dance Lambada to other music this went on for a while
before people discovered zouk. This altered the dance considerable by
making it slower and more sensual and indeed the dance is constantly
evolving and look different than in it's original form. The dance is
danced in a lot of countries ,including the us, and is gaining
popularity. In London, people still refer to the dance as Lambada
however in many countries because of the perception of Lambada
( evidence by the posts received in this group) promoters have felt
the need to change the name to zouk, zouklove etc in order to attract
more people( to be fair, there are some people who have renamed it as
a result of adding a different approach or style to the dance; for
example soulzouk). Lambada is not passe per se, sadly people who tend
to think that don't really understand the dance or never did. In the
states football is still refered to as soccer dispite the fact that
most countries in the world refer it as football and dispite the fact
that it's very popular around the world. Dispite great strides to
promote it in the states, and I know I lived there for 13 years its
still not popular and largely due to a lack of understanding of what
it's about. I suggest before a judgement is made go to You tube and
search lambada or lambazouk or soulzouk have a look at the dance then
check out the websites and when informed contact me I will always have
time to answer questions

Old July 31st, 2007, 04:31 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On 26 jul, 08:06, " wrote:
On 18 Jul, 09:43, wrote:

wrote:
[...]

olá galera estamos com o maior eventos de lambada zouk em porto seguro
bahia brasil
nas data de 7 a 12 de janeiro de 2008 ,esperamos discutir este assunto
sobre esse tema sobre o zouk music e a lambada dance ,veja tudo no web
site

www.lambaporto2008.com

Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:19 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Icono Clast

wrote:
olá galera estamos com o maior eventos de lambada zouk em porto
seguro bahia brasil nas data de 7 a 12 de janeiro de 2008
,esperamos discutir este assunto sobre esse tema sobre o zouk
music e a lambada dance ,veja tudo no web site

www.lambaporto2008.com

El sitio no marcha. ¡'Sta quebrada!

Yes, the main page comes up but one can't get beyond it.