renting in the outer banks

Old June 17th, 2004, 07:52 PM
anton

Default renting in the outer banks

maybe someone has some experience and can help:

I'm a college student (22) and am looking to go down to NC with 5-6
friends to rent a house for a week in the Outer Banks. Problem is,
every realty I can find has a family groups only policy and threatens
any violators with eviction with no refund. We have no problem putting
up an extra security deposit or whatever may be required, we just want
a week at the beach. If anyone can suggest a friendly realtor or a way
to get around this policy, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Anton
Old June 17th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Peter L

"anton" wrote in message
om...
maybe someone has some experience and can help:

I'm a college student (22) and am looking to go down to NC with 5-6
friends to rent a house for a week in the Outer Banks. Problem is,
every realty I can find has a family groups only policy and threatens
any violators with eviction with no refund. We have no problem putting
up an extra security deposit or whatever may be required, we just want
a week at the beach. If anyone can suggest a friendly realtor or a way
to get around this policy, I'd really appreciate it.

Maybe they have had enough of college kids renting a place and drinking and
partying all night long.

Thanks,
Anton

Old June 17th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Roger B.

"anton" wrote...
maybe someone has some experience and can help:
I'm a college student (22) and am looking to go down to NC
with 5-6 friends to rent a house for a week in the Outer Banks.
Problem is, every realty I can find has a family groups only
policy and threatens any violators with eviction with no refund.
We have no problem putting up an extra security deposit or
whatever may be required, we just want a week at the beach.
If anyone can suggest a friendly realtor or a way to get around
this policy, I'd really appreciate it.

Ideas: 1. Adoption. Instant family, but has inheritance issues.
or 2. Rent in the name of your guardian uncle, a stepbrother
and your illegitimate 1/2 brother. Seek the others in under cover
of darkness. [R]

Old June 17th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Pan

The outer banks are very much family oriented. I doubt they will change
their policies and rent to non-families, unless the economy is really bad
and they have many vacancies. For college kids, you're likely to get a
better welcome at Virginia Beach, Ocean City, Dewey Beach or Rohoboth Beach.

Pan

om...