American cross-country - power points?

Old October 11th, 2003, 04:43 AM
mrtravel

Default American cross-country - power points?

Duke Dukem wrote:

mrtravel--can you perhaps get it through your head that you do not need to
interject your comments in every single thread on this newsgroup. You have
added absolutely nothing of value to this thread and you look
ridiculous/pathetic--can you not see this? do you not have anything else to
do?

Let compare.

You indicated the ports were not "112" volts so passengers couldn't
bring their GF grills, electic drills, etc...

I posted

1. Power ports on most AA planes, but not on old TWA MD-80ish ones or
Embraer.

2. Voltage alone doesn't determine if a device can be used. (The circuit
has to be capable of the amperage)

Now, which one of these was not of value and pathetic?

BTW, I have an adapter that converts the 12 VDC normally found at
aircraft seats to 120 VAC. However, you couldn't plug a GF grill into it.

Old October 11th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Duke Dukem

I rest my case
Old October 13th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Fustanella

www.seatguru.com

What a great reference. Thanks!

Old October 13th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Fustanella

As long as you don't get on an old TWA MD80 or an Embraer
Seatguru shows you where they are located

Ok. I'm on an American 757 with a power-point at my seat thanks to
SeatGuru, but Candy at American was less than informed about what kind of
cord I'd need to plug my ThinkPad into their power system.

All she could find was that an "Auto Air Power Cord" was needed. Thanks,
Candy, I kind of figured that out. What kind of connecter (cig-lighter)?
Polarity? Shielding? Et cetera.
Old October 13th, 2003, 05:22 PM
mrtravel

http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...chnology.jhtml

Old October 13th, 2003, 06:50 PM
me

mrtravel wrote in message . com...
[snip]
BTW, I have an adapter that converts the 12 VDC normally found at
aircraft seats to 120 VAC. However, you couldn't plug a GF grill into it.

Well, you could, but you'd probably dim the lights, or more likely,
smoke the converter (unless it has a breaker all it's own). I've
over drawn converters before, they get hot REALLY fast though.
A GF grill isn't gonna care a bunch whether the voltage is 120v or
not. It just won't be as hot. (I assume they are just glorified
electric frying pans).
Old October 13th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Comcast Mail

check their seat maps - SOME seats on AA airplanes (not ex-TWA) have outlets
and they're shown on the maps.

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message
In article ,
Fustanella wrote:

I'll be flapping my wings on American from Orlando to San Diego soon,

and
wanted to know if I could expect a place to plug in my laptop in cattle
class - and if so, if we're talking 110AC, 12DC or some other format.
Thanks.

I don;t think so....