ATM Charges

Old October 11th, 2003, 12:27 AM
Clark W. Griswold, Jr.

Default ATM Charges

mrtravel wrote:

You have to join USAA, correct?
This has some qualifications.

But, you are correct

As a USAA member for member for many years, I can tell you with a great deal of
confidence that you are incorrect. Membership is established with the first
product or sevice you apply for. The application is no different than any other
nationally charted bank you might deal with.

If you are interested in USAA banking products, give them a call at
1-800-531-2265 and ask them yourself.
Old October 11th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Olivers

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. muttered....

mrtravel wrote:

You have to join USAA, correct?
This has some qualifications.

But, you are correct

As a USAA member for member for many years, I can tell you with a
great deal of confidence that you are incorrect. Membership is
established with the first product or sevice you apply for. The
application is no different than any other nationally charted bank you
might deal with.

As a fellow USAA member, you might have mention that part of the attraction
of "full membership" and insurance from the parent USAA (not the subsidiary
arrangement), the qualifying status as a present/former commissioned
officer in the the US military makes one a "part owner" of the "mutual
association" and to share in the profits through one's "subscribers'
savings account" (capped at one year's projected casualty insurance
premiums) and an annual check for the excess above the cap. The mutual
company has grown enormously and has been consistently profitable in the 40
years I've been a member (and profit sharer therein), and its auto and
homeowners' insurance continues to draw the highest marks of any US insuror
from customer-staisfaction ratings.

On the other hand, I'm less enthused about their travel services, never
having run across any great deals.

TMO
Old October 14th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Dennis G. Rears

"mrtravel" wrote in message
m...
Dennis G. Rears wrote:

Assuming you are a USA resident/citizen get a USAA credit card. Call
1-800-922-9092
to apply for one. You get up to 10 free withdrawals a month. Also for

the
first six withdrawals they will reimburse you for the fee a nonmember

bank
will charge you.

USAA has specific requirements on the website.
Are you, or have you been a member of the US Armed Forces
Are your parents members of USAA
Are you married to a member of USAA

This is the requirement for thier insurance policies not thier banking
services. Banking services are avaliable to all.

dennis

Old October 14th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Dennis G. Rears

..
"mrtravel" wrote in message
om...

Clark W. Griswold, Jr. wrote:

mrtravel wrote:

USAA has specific requirements on the website.
Are you, or have you been a member of the US Armed Forces
Are your parents members of USAA
Are you married to a member of USAA

Then it says to call them if this doesn't apply to you.
If you just had to be a USC or PR, why don't they just say so?

Those restrictions apply to insurance policies, not to their banking

products.

You have to join USAA, correct?
This has some qualifications.

This is not correct. USAA banking services are avalaible to all.

dennis

Old October 14th, 2003, 04:45 PM
mrtravel

Dennis G. Rears wrote:

You have to join USAA, correct?
This has some qualifications.

This is not correct. USAA banking services are avalaible to all.

dennis

Right, and I corrected myself last week.