Hotel in Orlando and near the Gulf Coast.

Old December 30th, 2006, 03:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Danes

Default Hotel in Orlando and near the Gulf Coast.

We're a family of 4 (kids 4 and 8) going to Orlando beginning of Feb.
2007.
We expect to spend 4-5 days in Orlando visiting Disney World and Sea
World. We would like to stay in a hotel with a pool, not too expensive
(less than 100 $/night) and located close to the parks and still in a
nice area with the possibility to take a walk in the evening.

After these days we would like to go to the Gulf Coast. Were coming
from Copenhagen, Denmark which is like a freezer at this time of the
year so a nice beach and sun experience is welcome :-)

Can anybody recommend both beach area and accommodation somewhere
between Clearwater (which might be too noisy according to our book
about Florida!?) and Siesta Key (which seem more suitable to
families!?).

All input on what to go for and what to avoid is appreciated

Happy New Year :-)

Old December 30th, 2006, 04:31 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

In article .com,
Danes wrote:
We're a family of 4 (kids 4 and 8) going to Orlando beginning of Feb.
2007.
We expect to spend 4-5 days in Orlando visiting Disney World and Sea
World. We would like to stay in a hotel with a pool, not too expensive
(less than 100 $/night) and located close to the parks and still in a
nice area with the possibility to take a walk in the evening.

I believe the "Value" resorts at Disney World are less than $100 night,
but I'm not sure they have any interesting places for evening strolls
beyond the hotel grounds themselves. Of course, if you stay at a Disney
hotel, you get free access to their shuttle buses and can go anywhere
you like at WDW for an evening stroll--including the deluxe hotels!

The folks on rec.arts.disney.parks would probably have some good ideas
about inexpensive off-property hotels at WDW.

Patty

Old December 30th, 2006, 05:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Nile

Danes asked:

Can anybody recommend both beach area and accommodation somewhere

between Clearwater (which might be too noisy according to our book about
Florida!?) and Siesta Key (which seem more suitable to families!?).

Clearwater shouldn't be too noisy in February. (Spring break for
university students doesn't occur until March.) Clearwater is for a
beach vacation: it has a fine pier, numerous beach shops (T-shirt
shops, etc.) and casual restaurants, and is a walkable town area right
on the beach.

Siesta Key is fine although somewhat more expensive. Unless your hotel
is close to St Armands Circle, you'll probably have to drive to get
there. St Armands Circle is a walkable town area that's a very short
walk from the beach. It is more upscale than Clearwater, with shops,
art galleries, and restaurants, although being on the beach, casual
beach-wear will get you pretty much anywhere there.

Anna Maria Island, between the two, is more isolated and quiet, but also
has somewhat fewer things to do in the immediate area. If you want a
very quiet beach vacation only, then go to Anna Maria. I'd avoid St
Petersburg Beach, as it's basically just a strip of highway along the
beach.

All of these places, particularly Anna Maria and Sarasota (Siesta) are
relatively close to each other.

Old December 31st, 2006, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Bill Burk

Were coming from Copenhagen, Denmark which is like a freezer at this
time of the year

Funny. We just returned from 2 weeks in Denmark, including Kobenhavn, and
the temperatures were almost daily +6C (instead of the -6C we ALWAYS have
each Christmas) . . . and all the Danish Nyheder on TVAvisen were
complaining about GLOBAL WARMING, showing that same polar bear trying to
find some ice cap to walk on ... night after night after night.

We would like to stay in a hotel with a pool, not too expensive
(less than 100 $/night)

"Not too expensive ... less than $100 a night?!!"

Damn, the cheapest hotel room we can find anywhere near the center of
Kobenhavn is at least $150 a night and it is a tiny bandbox, big enough only
for a bed and a tiny WC. And there are only 2 of us.

007

--
******************
Bill E. Burk

[Remove "NOSP" from my e-mail address]

Old December 31st, 2006, 11:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

In article ,
Bill Burk wrote:
[original attribution missing]

We would like to stay in a hotel with a pool, not too expensive
(less than 100 $/night)

"Not too expensive ... less than $100 a night?!!"

Damn, the cheapest hotel room we can find anywhere near the center of
Kobenhavn is at least $150 a night and it is a tiny bandbox, big enough only
for a bed and a tiny WC. And there are only 2 of us.

Luckily for the original poster, he's coming the other direction, and
rooms under $100 are abundant in Orlando! Of course, the quality of those
hotels and motels varies considerably, but he can probably even stay on
Disney property for less than $100.

In fact, I have the WDW website up at this very moment. Let's see...
Yep, rooms at the All-Star and Pop Century resorts start at $79,
depending on the time of year.

Patty

Old January 2nd, 2007, 03:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected][_1_]

wrote:
In article ,
Bill Burk wrote:
[original attribution missing]

We would like to stay in a hotel with a pool, not too expensive
(less than 100 $/night)

"Not too expensive ... less than $100 a night?!!"

Damn, the cheapest hotel room we can find anywhere near the center of
Kobenhavn is at least $150 a night and it is a tiny bandbox, big enough only
for a bed and a tiny WC. And there are only 2 of us.

Luckily for the original poster, he's coming the other direction, and
rooms under $100 are abundant in Orlando! Of course, the quality of those
hotels and motels varies considerably, but he can probably even stay on
Disney property for less than $100.

In fact, I have the WDW website up at this very moment. Let's see...
Yep, rooms at the All-Star and Pop Century resorts start at $79,
depending on the time of year.

Unfortunately, they are coming in February, about 4 weeks away.
That time of year the rates tend to be higher, and he'd better get
to booking something since it is also one of the busier times of the
year. If they get in before Feb 14, they'll hit some of the lower
rates.
(Assuming any are still available.)

Old January 2nd, 2007, 07:17 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Pod

The best place online to visit regarding all of your questions is
http://www.bookmyhostel.com; they have all the locations in every
city/state/country.

Old January 22nd, 2007, 10:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
hotels4travelers[_2_]

You can check our website - there you can compare prices from over 20
hotel reservation sites. www.hotels4travelers.com