Adipose Nation: It's time to tax the fat

Old June 22nd, 2004, 04:02 AM
Lady Veteran

Default Adipose Nation: It's time to tax the fat

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:05:27 -0500, Gray Shockley
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:00:49 -0500, Lady Veteran wrote
(in article ):

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:51:12 -0500, Gray Shockley
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:41:30 -0500, AntwainBarbour wrote
(in article ) :

I'm not sure imposing a fat tax is the right answer here. Think
about how that would affect the diets of those who work hard to
maintain their bodies, and have better genetic metabolism, etc.
Throwing out a blanket fat tax would do no real good, IMO, or be
fair.

Percentage of body fat (a legit measurement).

++ Gray //

Are you going to stand in Walmart with a pair of calipers?

[chuckle] You're assigning enemyship (-- new) where it's not
deserved.

You really want to post this in a fat acceptance group? I doubt
anyone here thought it funny.

That is what idiots do-they violate charter and have no respect for
the posters in a particular group.

I was simply stating how one measure bodys fat. I even had one
guy checked in a flotation tank (and he passed the fat boy test,
too).

Why would you do that? How demeaning are you willing to be to have
your chuckle?

LV

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------
"I rode a tank and held a general's rank
when the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank..."
- -Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil
- ------------------------------------------------
People who hide behind anonymous remailers and
ridicule fat people are cowardly idiots with no
motive but malice.
"To Do Is To Be" Socrates
"To Be Is To Do" Plato
"Do Be Do Be Do" Sinatra
- -------------------------------

Get real!

Lady Veteran
- -----------------------------------

1. I had a guy in Korea who was - by charts as well as by % of
body fat - usually (but not always) fat; by about 35 pounds. GT
was 155 and he always made as least 280 on every physical
training test. [For a constant PT score of at least 280 and a GT
of 155 and an excellent tech at that, I could care less if the
person has one or three legs, one or three arms and wears both a
brassiere and a jock strap.]

2. That guy also received a "Certificate of Graduation" rather
the "Standard Certificate" when he finished his MOS school (33S10
- we were both in the same company at Fort Devens, both went to
Fort Polk and both ended up in the 332d at Oijongbu (Camp Red
Cloud)). If I hadn't been his First Sergeant at Fort Polk and
realized what was happening, he never would have gotten his
"earned" graduation certificate.

3. An ElTee (with whom I /always/ had a personaliy conflict
(I had one and he didn't)) and I were having a gigantic,
screaming argument about this and I made the remark that if the
ElTee had "George" and I both in a combat area and he went down
as a casulty, would he rather have "George", at 230 lbs pick him
up (and, probably put him in his pocket - cuz he didn't notice
the extra 170 lbs - or have me at 5'10 and under 150 lbs try to
carry him (and he outweighed me by quite a bit).

I never did get his answer because the door to the CO's office
was open, we were yelling and the old man told us both to "get
the [naughty word] out of my orderly RIGHT NOW"!!

Gray Shockley
Seen on a television (I think) movie:
Chain-of Command asks a female soldier what is her mission;
"To kill the enemy and break their toys, Sir!"