Dunns River Falls

Old July 14th, 2004, 12:31 AM
DSegal1027

Default Dunns River Falls

When doing the Falls excursion off of the ship, how do you dress? Do you need
to wear a bathing suit? Or should you wear it under your shorts? How bout the
watershoes--do you just wear them off the ship or bring them along to change?
Is there anyplace to change? I hear you get wet so there must be some kind of
changing facility?

no spam--remove last 3 letters in address to respond
Old July 14th, 2004, 01:25 AM
Paul Krause

We wore our swimsuits under our clothing and changed there. A locker
costs $5 (you pay 8 and get 3 back when you return the key) You can buy
water shoes on the boat or rent them there. We bought ours at CVS before
leaving on the cruise.

Make sure you bring a towel and a ziplock bag for your wallet.

also it would be a good idea to bring a disposable underwater camera

Paul

Old July 14th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Candy

We took a boat to DRF, wearing our suits under shorts & shirts and were
"loaned" water shoes (blech) by the tour guide. We left everything on
the boat which was "watched".

Candy -- thinks DRF is a don't-miss attraction

Old July 14th, 2004, 11:59 AM
RichC

We wore our bathing suite's under our shorts, left everything on the bus &
wore out wet suits back to the ship. We just wore our water shoes & didn't
bother to change. Don't take much money (just enough for t shirts & a tip
for the guide (in a zip lock). Get a underwater disposable camera.

Old July 15th, 2004, 02:13 PM
RICK DAVIS

Aqua Socks (aka water shoes) are on sale right now at most sporting good
stores. Just bought a new pair at the Sports Authority for $6 and they
have a good sole on them. I have seen them range in price up to $25. I
have one pair that have lasted me well over 10 years.

Old July 15th, 2004, 10:42 PM
RICK DAVIS

Hi Lee, I also have the Tevas but prefer the Aqua Socks. Like anything
I think its just a matter of Preference. I would suggest anyone buying
Aqua Socks look for the ones that are made of the same material as a wet
suit. They are very comfortable and form to your foot very nicely.
They also don't allow sand to get in. Also look for a good sole. Some
of the really cheap ones ($2.99 - $5.00 reg. price) are not good a
quality. If you have a dive shop near by check them out. They usually
carry a quality product. But for climbing the falls either will do
nicely. Just a matter of personal choice.