Discount European Air baggage nightmare

Old July 26th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Sjoerd

Default Discount European Air baggage nightmare

"dougie" schreef in bericht
om...
I need to go from Rome FCo to Paris. Vloareweb has great deals BUT 15
kg limit total!! WOW! Some deal that. Backpackers only?
Any thoughts anyone. Full fare is 5 times the cost but at 7 euros per
kg for over, probably worth it.

Most people only need 15 kgs if they are moving house or are on a *very*
long trip. For normal business or leisure travel, 15 kgs is more than
enough.

Sjoerd

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Binyamin Dissen

On 25 Jul 2004 18:44:01 -0700 (dougie) wrote:

:I need to go from Rome FCo to Paris. Vloareweb has great deals BUT 15
:kg limit total!! WOW! Some deal that. Backpackers only?
:Any thoughts anyone. Full fare is 5 times the cost but at 7 euros per
:kg for over, probably worth it.

Welcome to Europe.

Flights not including the USA (or Canada?) are usually limited to 20Kg.

International flights to/from the USA allow two bags of 32Kg each.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"dougie" schreef in bericht
om...
I need to go from Rome FCo to Paris. Vloareweb has great deals BUT 15
kg limit total!! WOW! Some deal that. Backpackers only?
Any thoughts anyone. Full fare is 5 times the cost but at 7 euros per
kg for over, probably worth it.

Most people only need 15 kgs if they are moving house or are on a *very*
long trip. For normal business or leisure travel, 15 kgs is more than
enough.

For 2 or 3 days yes, but for 2 weeks 15Kgs is not enough.
Especially if you are going somewhere where you may want to bring back some
shopping.

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Sjoerd

"Miss L. Toe" schreef in bericht

For 2 or 3 days yes, but for 2 weeks 15Kgs is not enough.
Especially if you are going somewhere where you may want to bring back

some
shopping.

Just got home from a 19-day business trip to three Asian countries. My
checked luggage was 13 kgs. And yes, I bought some souvenirs to bring back.

Sjoerd

Old July 26th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Miss L. Toe

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Miss L. Toe" schreef in bericht

For 2 or 3 days yes, but for 2 weeks 15Kgs is not enough.
Especially if you are going somewhere where you may want to bring back

some
shopping.

Just got home from a 19-day business trip to three Asian countries. My
checked luggage was 13 kgs. And yes, I bought some souvenirs to bring

back.

I bet you didnt fly BA with their 5Kg hand luggage limit (including laptop).
How much did your hand luggage weigh ?

Also on a business trip it is much easier to justify the expense of hotel
laundry facilities - as one probably doesnt end up paying them, on a leisure
trip one tries to keep controllable expenses down.

Old July 26th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Sjoerd

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Miss L. Toe" schreef in bericht

For 2 or 3 days yes, but for 2 weeks 15Kgs is not enough.
Especially if you are going somewhere where you may want to bring back

some
shopping.

Just got home from a 19-day business trip to three Asian countries. My
checked luggage was 13 kgs. And yes, I bought some souvenirs to bring

back.

I bet you didnt fly BA with their 5Kg hand luggage limit (including

laptop).

No, I flew AF, BR, TG and OM.

How much did your hand luggage weigh ?

My guess is 5 or 6 kgs.

Also on a business trip it is much easier to justify the expense of hotel
laundry facilities - as one probably doesnt end up paying them, on a

leisure
trip one tries to keep controllable expenses down.

In the Asian countries I visited, laundry costs are lower than what it costs
me to do my laundry at home.

Sjoerd