Socks

Old September 28th, 2004, 03:31 PM
B Vaughan

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:13:37 -0400, "Elmwood"
wrote:

I have in the past had socks take much longer to dry in Europe in the winter.
What is this special "overnight drying sock"
I will ask about quick-dry underwear in the next posting!

When I want something to dry quickly, I roll it in a towel, and then
twist the towel very tightly. Then I hang the item on a hanger in the
closet. If there's any chance it might drip (not likely after the
twisting), I put a towel on the floor under it. I can't say things
will always dry overnight with this technique, but I've had good luck.

ps It was 25 degrees here today (Southern Ontario)

And it was 13 degrees here in sunny Italy.

-----------
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Mark Fagan

I like to get items like this, including underwear, from Mountain Equipment
Co-op, either online (www.mec.ca) or at one of their stores (on King Street
West in Toronto).

"Elmwood" wrote in message
Rick Steves says to wash your socks out in the hotel sink at night. He
even
suggests that you bring a small squirt bottle of detergent along with you
keep costs down.
I would like to buy some of these fast drying socks, Please advise me on
what fabric the socks should be made of, in order to be dry by morning. I

Old September 30th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Mark Hewitt

"Elmwood" wrote in message
Rick Steves says to wash your socks out in the hotel sink at night. He

even
suggests that you bring a small squirt bottle of detergent along with you

keep costs down.
I would like to buy some of these fast drying socks, Please advise me on
what fabric the socks should be made of, in order to be dry by morning. I
have in the past had socks take much longer to dry in Europe in the

winter.
What is this special "overnight drying sock"
I will ask about quick-dry underwear in the next posting!
ps It was 25 degrees here today (Southern Ontario)

Most hotel rooms that I have stayed in have a heated towel rail. In the past
I've washed a pair of trousers in the sink, put them on the towel rail
overnight and they've been fine to wear in the morning.