Help! Booking NCL Dawn AF vs AG Level

Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:32 AM
DebHome

Default Help! Booking NCL Dawn AF vs AG Level

Does anyone know why there is such a big difference in price between these two
and why AF would be so much cheaper? Both are on level 11 and same size and
type min-suite

Also - Is it a real nono to book directly through the NCL website? The price
seems good to me, and I am a bit nervous about losing the rooms. Do rooms go
quickly? This is an April 2004 cruise.

Sorry - I am a newbie and don't know if these are dumb questions.
Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:54 AM
Tom & Linda

Book with NCL. You lose nothing. Just tell them that you may turn the
booking over to a Travel Agent later. Then, with permission from you
indicated in NCL's computer, a Travel Agent can pick up the booking. If
you find a TA that gives you a better price (almost ALL do), then go
with the TA. Basically what happens is that the cruise line assumes
that they keep all the commission if you book with them. If you find a
TA that will split commission with you (that's what they do to be cost
competitive) then the price for you will be lower.

I'm not sure why the cabin categories are that different. Pick the one
you're most comfortable with. They both look identical to me. Perhaps
an experienced TA might know if there is a difference.

--Tom

Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:29 AM
DebHome

What is a latitudes member?
Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:53 AM
Tom & Linda

A past passenger with NCL.

Many cruise lines offer perks if you book your next while on board the
ship. Some, like Princess, allow an "open booking". Lines like
Celebrity will give you a $200 per cabin credit if you book while on
board.

--Tom

What is a latitudes member?

Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:54 AM

Mini-Suites AF and AG same size!

But:

AG last two cabins on port and starboard sides ... right off and under
elevator/stair vestibules ... right near fitness center area/rooms!

AG may be nosier ... may have lots of traffic passing by!

AG cheaper ... but you generally get what you pay for!

Old September 22nd, 2003, 03:39 AM
DebHome

The AF's were cheaper! I booked on that was fairly mid ship. Now I need to
call an agent tomorrow. I am so excited!
Old September 22nd, 2003, 06:39 AM
Cal Ford

The basic reason for the disparity in price is because of marketing needs. This
Cat is the "Price Leader" that can be advertised. If sales go well they will be
able to sell these out and book lots of people in the higher rated Cats. It
there is not much demand then booked passengers can be upgraded and the basic
Cat can be sold again without disturbing the prices for the higher rated Cats.
If the location is suitable by all means book with NCL and lock in the rate. You
can always fine tune the booking later.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article , DebHome says...

Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:03 PM
Owen

A latitudes member is ---

Latitudes® is an international cruise club exclusively for past guests of
Norwegian Cruise Line.

Once you complete your first full tariff cruise with NCL, you automatically
become a member of Latitudes, and an integral part of our close-knit family
of loyal return guests.

Owen a Latitudes menber since 1990