NCL/Carnival - TV Channels

Old September 21st, 2003, 11:09 AM
Bubbleboy

Default NCL/Carnival - TV Channels

Hi,

does anybody know which channels are available onboard?

Old September 21st, 2003, 11:27 AM
MJDEEG

No wonder the name "bubble boy!"
Get out of the cabin!
Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.
Old September 21st, 2003, 05:24 PM
HDawson228

Who cares about television on a cruise. Other than checking the news, the rest
is a bore compared to the cruise.
Old September 21st, 2003, 07:35 PM
Helen

True and probably will only get like CNN anyways for the news LOL
When we cruised it was Feb 1st the day the shuttle disaster....alot of news
about that one and that was it.

--
Helen
http://home.comcast.net/~hkolln66

Old September 21st, 2003, 10:53 PM
Jim

Agree. I leave the news on whenever I change or maybe check it out while
winding down to go to sleep, but I am certainly not going to sit in the
cabin and watch TV while I am on a cruise. G
Jim

Old September 21st, 2003, 11:44 PM
Goose, Duck & Bird dogs

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:35:32 -0400, Lee Lindquist wrote:

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:09:53 +0200, "Bubbleboy"
wrote:

does anybody know which channels are available onboard?

I would say 1-34. I don't recall see any much higher than that;
and one of the PAL systems really did have a channel 1, unusual
for an NTSC guy like me.

There is a sports bar on the ncl sun...

Kelly www.kellys-kloset.com

Old September 22nd, 2003, 12:38 AM
freq_cruiser

In article , Bubbleboy says...

Hi,

does anybody know which channels are available onboard?

Just returned fr 7 day cruise out of Tampa on Carnival Inspiration. Only thing
on TV was in-house movies - 10 Days to Lose a Guy, Lord of the Rings Two Towers,
& similar, + Travelog promotion (to sell videos) And a couple of the cruise
staff shows (Newlywed Game, passenger talent show, etc.) For the 1st two days
out of Tampa we (somewhat) got WNBY (I think - NBC Satellite), then even that
quit! VERY DISAPPOINTED in this aspect of the cruise!

Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:51 AM
Bill C

"freq_cruiser" wrote in message
In article , Bubbleboy says...

Hi,

does anybody know which channels are available onboard?

Just returned fr 7 day cruise out of Tampa on Carnival Inspiration. Only

thing
on TV was in-house movies - 10 Days to Lose a Guy, Lord of the Rings Two

Towers,
& similar, + Travelog promotion (to sell videos) And a couple of the

cruise
staff shows (Newlywed Game, passenger talent show, etc.) For the 1st two

days
out of Tampa we (somewhat) got WNBY (I think - NBC Satellite), then even

that
quit! VERY DISAPPOINTED in this aspect of the cruise!

They're the same movies they had when we were on that ship in July. I guess
they are just trying to get their moneys worth from those movies.

Bill

Old September 22nd, 2003, 03:47 PM
Cynthia Taylor

On the Fascination in early September, we had NBC, ABC, and CBS (no
Fox), no CNN, ESPN, and the movies and in-house stations.

Cyn

Old September 23rd, 2003, 12:40 AM
Dick Mahar

"Cynthia Taylor" wrote in
message ...

wrote:

Hi,

does anybody know which channels are available onboard?

Just returned from the Legend Carribean cruise, and the TV

Channels were as you describe, when they worked, which was about
two thirds of the time.