REQUESTing Recommendations: Getting the Biggest Bang for Your Buck on Credit Card Programs

Old February 23rd, 2010, 05:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default REQUESTing Recommendations: Getting the Biggest Bang for Your .../3%

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 05:05:26 +0100, peter
wrote:

On 2/22/10 10:07 PM, in article
, "Surfer E2468"
wrote:

Putting money into a saving's acct. is not very beneficial,the interest
rate is below 1% Better to put it in a c.d for #3 months
for 3% Then draw it out if you want to.

Which bank pays 3% on 3 month CDs, Surfer? Advertised rates are .1 to 1%.

I put some money into CDs back in 2006 - I couldn't get that rate now
Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default REQUESTing Recommendations: Getting the Biggest Bang forYour...

We found HUDSON BANK in south jersey offering 3% a few months ago,and we
opened a couple,but since it has dropped to 21/2%

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old February 23rd, 2010, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Surfer E2468 wrote:
We found HUDSON BANK in south jersey offering 3% a few months ago,and we
opened a couple,but since it has dropped to 21/2%

Even 2 1/2% is good nowadays. I will have to take a look at Hudson Bank.

sue
Old February 24th, 2010, 12:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

Even 2 1/2% is good nowadays. I will have to take a look at Hudson Bank.

I have gotten some 4% step up CD's recently from Bank Hapoalim and
Midfirst Bank Oklahoma City. Suntrust had an ad in the weekend paper
for 3%. Their deal was two CD's of equal value with different lengths.

--
Charles
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Sue Mullen
wrote:

Even 2 1/2% is good nowadays. I will have to take a look at Hudson Bank.

I have gotten some 4% step up CD's recently from Bank Hapoalim and
Midfirst Bank Oklahoma City. Suntrust had an ad in the weekend paper
for 3%. Their deal was two CD's of equal value with different lengths.

We have been seeing 1.75, just down to 1.5 now, but right now we are
only doing 15 month or shorter CDs and you don't get the higher rates
for shorter times.

sue