Sunless Spray On Tan

Old February 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Default Sunless Spray On Tan

Gettamulla Tupya wrote:

Only fools have spray on tans. Then again, only fools have real tans! White is the best
look these days (I'm not being racist here). Think skin cancer.

Feh. Pale may be the "safest" look but hardly the "best" look. I like a
little tan and look and *feel* better when I play in the sun. Pity for
you that you're so pale to begin with. I'm olive toned Italian and a
little goes a long way. NOT sunworshipping cancer causing brown...
moderation is my motto.
Old February 17th, 2010, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"Lee" wrote in message
news : On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:34:49 -0600, Becca wrote:
:
: Unless it has changed, the commercial spray-on tan is a cosmetic
: application. It provides no protection from the sun at all, so you
: still have to use sunscreen. The only one I am familiar with is a DHA
:
: One of the funniest things I have seen -- a young woman who had
: a spray on tan done whilst she was wearing a 1-piece tank suit.
:
: WHen I saw her, she was wearing a bikini. SO wield that I too
: a picture.
:
: --
: - Lee

heh, heh! The smartest move a girl can make is to buy a swimsuit that is
most flattering to her figure then buying different patterns of the same
style. I haven't worn a bikini since the 70's. I suppose modesty and an
inopportune photo op has discouraged me from going two-piece in middle age
g.

We had nearly ~zero~ sun exposure on our RCCL Freedom OTS cruise two weeks
ago. Port Canaveral was as cold as a witch's *** and windy, the decks were
cold and windy, if not rain soaked and the port of Coco Cay was rained out.
But, we were on vacation where "home" was so cold you froze your hand to the
screen door letting the dog out to do her business. In other words, we
still had another great time!

St Thomas and St Maarten (Philipsburg) were pleasant but not particularly
warm in February. I became a trivia buff while on the ship. Ask me the
most mundane info you can think of. I probably have a good answer for the
question! My dream would be to cruise so frequently the trivia questions
are all correct on my sheet because we'd sailed so much they didn't have any
new questions g.

Old February 17th, 2010, 07:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"Goomba" wrote in message
: Gettamulla Tupya wrote:
:
: Only fools have spray on tans. Then again, only fools have real tans!
White is the best
: look these days (I'm not being racist here). Think skin cancer.
:
: Feh. Pale may be the "safest" look but hardly the "best" look. I like a
: little tan and look and *feel* better when I play in the sun. Pity for
: you that you're so pale to begin with. I'm olive toned Italian and a
: little goes a long way. NOT sunworshipping cancer causing brown...
: moderation is my motto.

I talk with my hands. Some folks have asked me if I have any "Italian" in
me. I look around and answer, "Not at the moment!".

Old February 18th, 2010, 02:17 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_5_]

"Goomba" wrote in message
Carol Eskra wrote:
Has anyone on this board ever had the spray on tan? Would like to have
it done before my cruise in April. My sister says the color is always
orange. What are your thoughts on this?

That they often look fake shrug especially when first applied, so
perhaps doing it earlier than you think you want it so as to allow it to
"mellow" and fade a bit?

I have used Jergen's sunless lotion (forget the exact name) on my legs and
have been pleased by the results.... but take care around your knees so
that they don't get too much. And wash your hands good after using it so
that you don't have "fakeNbake palms" LOL

Why would you not use latex gloves to put it on?

Old February 18th, 2010, 04:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonny

"Jr." wrote in message

Why would you not use latex gloves to put it on?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm latex gloves...................

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Old February 18th, 2010, 05:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Jr. wrote:

I have used Jergen's sunless lotion (forget the exact name) on my legs and
have been pleased by the results.... but take care around your knees so
that they don't get too much. And wash your hands good after using it so
that you don't have "fakeNbake palms" LOL

Why would you not use latex gloves to put it on?

Why would I when all it requires is washing your hands?
Old February 19th, 2010, 11:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
*muz*

"Goomba" wrote in message
: Jr. wrote:
:
: I have used Jergen's sunless lotion (forget the exact name) on my legs
and
: have been pleased by the results.... but take care around your knees so
: that they don't get too much. And wash your hands good after using it
so
: that you don't have "fakeNbake palms" LOL
:
: Why would you not use latex gloves to put it on?
:
: Why would I when all it requires is washing your hands?

Hey, I've got a box of plastic gloves I use for expressing my dog's anal
glands. Would you like me to send you some? g

Old February 25th, 2010, 12:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said
On 2/16/2010 10:47 PM:
On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 14:04:19 -0500, Brian K
wrote:

Becca consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared On 2/16/2010 1:54 PM:

Carol Eskra wrote:

Has anyone on this board ever had the spray on tan? Would like to have
it done before my cruise in April. My sister says the color is always
orange.
What are your thoughts on this?

Carol, the spray tans work fine; it works best if you have 2-3
applications. Some of my coworkers just loved the spray-on tans and
they tried to talk me into buying a franchise. I tried it once and
it worked fine. Give it a try before you cruise and see what you
think, or at least go check it out in person. You will see people
coming and going, so you can see if they look orange. Good luck and
let us know how it turns out.

Becca

I don't think that it will provide any additional protection from the
sun. It just dyes your skin. Becca, since you've had it done, care to
comment on any additional sun protection it may provide?

Doesn't provide any protection (you'd still have to use sun screen)
but also doesn't damage the skin like the sun tanning beds (or actual
sun) does.

In the old days, everyone turned out orange. But they use it on
everyone on Dancing with the Stars, and I don't think they look
orange.

Except for Lady Gaga. She'd probably want the orange skin color.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: