Anyone else think the Clebrity Mercury is ugly?

Old February 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee McCauley[_2_]

Default Anyone else think the Clebrity Mercury is ugly?

Nonny wrote:

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"Old Sarge" wrote in message

On 2/21/10 8:39 AM, in article ,
"frijoli" wrote:

I love cruising, and I love looking at all the ships. I
favor the older "liner" style designs.

I am going on the Mercury soon, and found a few photos to
put on my screen saver. I realized how much I don't like the
back end of this girl!

No big deal I was just curious.

Quit looking at the back end of gals and concentrate on what they
have to
offer in the way of service and good food. I for one don't think a
pretty
ship is necessarily a good ship. I've heard that freighters have the
best
food although they have nothing much more to offer you.

The new Oasis of the Seas some would consider beautiful. I for one
consider
it ugly due to it's split design and half the cabins facing inwards
towards
the concourse area where it's noisy. What's the point of cruising if
you
can't look out and see the water and sunset and sunrises? I think it
was a
big RCL mistake on that one. Princess has some pretty looking ships
and so
does Carnival, but it's the service that counts.

Sarge,
You'd be surprised at how many people that I have talked to enjoy the
inside promenade cabins..They cost somewhat less than the balconies
do. I don't know how successful the sales of inside promenade are or
if they have problems filling them...We booked one once and although
it was enjoyable "people watching" and seeing the parade and goings on
from your window, they were noisy at times ...especially if you are a
light sleeper and go to bed before midnight! It was more of a "mall"
experience for me and I much prefer the view of the ocean, myself.

The only time we did it, Jean, we were asked to not sit on the little
balcony in our underwear, as we do on regular cabins.

We had one of those cabins once, and nobody made such a request of us.
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC[_2_]

Ermalee McCauley wrote:

We had one of those cabins once, and nobody made such a request of us.

Heck ... on Carnival they never ask people to "gussy up" beyond yur
skivs. ;-)
--

Ray
=======================
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Seehorse Video

SNIP
"Nonny" wrote in message
enjoy the inside promenade cabins..They cost somewhat less than the
balconies do. I don't know how successful the sales of inside promenade
are or if they have problems filling them...We booked one once and
although it was enjoyable "people watching" and seeing the parade and
goings on from your window, they were noisy at times ...especially if you
are a light sleeper and go to bed before midnight! It was more of a
"mall" experience for me and I much prefer the view of the ocean, myself.

The only time we did it, Jean, we were asked to not sit on the little
balcony in our underwear, as we do on regular cabins.

--
Nonny

Luxury cars now offer a Republican seating option. These are
seats which blow heated air onto your backside in the winter
and cooled air in the summer. If they were democrat car seats,
they would just blow smoke up your rump year-round.

Nonny,

Are you saying they wanted you on your balcony naked? Talk about a fun
ship.

Harry Cooper