waterproof camera

Old February 24th, 2010, 03:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
nanatricot

Default waterproof camera

I'm leaving for a south Pacific cruise in a few days and totally
forgot that I'll be spending a lot of time on or near the beach. also
riding in canoes. I'm not a big snorkeler so chances of my wanting to
take underwater pictures are rather slim. so forewarned is forearmend.
I want to buy a camera that is not too water or sand sensitive. not
looking for the greatest pictures, just fun memories. Also don't want
to spend a fortune. Suggestions please.
S. I only have 3 days left so time is of the essence. Also I live in
canada. no time for shipping. Thnaks.
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC[_2_]

nanatricot wrote:
I'm leaving for a south Pacific cruise in a few days and totally
forgot that I'll be spending a lot of time on or near the beach. also
riding in canoes. I'm not a big snorkeler so chances of my wanting to
take underwater pictures are rather slim. so forewarned is forearmend.
I want to buy a camera that is not too water or sand sensitive. not
looking for the greatest pictures, just fun memories. Also don't want
to spend a fortune. Suggestions please.
S. I only have 3 days left so time is of the essence. Also I live in
canada. no time for shipping. Thnaks.

Canon, Fujifilm, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and I am sure a lot more
companies make waterproof cameras. I am a fan of the Olympus D10 but
it isn't the cheapest. However, it should give you excellent service.

But if you have only three days, you are stuck with whatever they have
down at the local camera shop.

Have fun!

--

Ray
=======================
Old February 24th, 2010, 02:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 22:36:34 -0800, RayC
wrote:

nanatricot wrote:
I'm leaving for a south Pacific cruise in a few days and totally
forgot that I'll be spending a lot of time on or near the beach. also
riding in canoes. I'm not a big snorkeler so chances of my wanting to
take underwater pictures are rather slim. so forewarned is forearmend.
I want to buy a camera that is not too water or sand sensitive. not
looking for the greatest pictures, just fun memories. Also don't want
to spend a fortune. Suggestions please.
S. I only have 3 days left so time is of the essence. Also I live in
canada. no time for shipping. Thnaks.

Canon, Fujifilm, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and I am sure a lot more
companies make waterproof cameras. I am a fan of the Olympus D10 but
it isn't the cheapest. However, it should give you excellent service.

But if you have only three days, you are stuck with whatever they have
down at the local camera shop.

BoatUS reviewed underwater digital cameras, and I really
liked the Olympus Stylus Tough 8000. It is expensive but it can also
be used on land. My children went together and gave it to me for a
birthday/Xmas present.

They also got me a floatie for it.
Old February 24th, 2010, 04:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
PDDeen

Wait until you get on the ship or in ports and buy the "one time use"
camera. Have film processed on the ship while on the way to the next
port. Cuts down on worry of a lost or damaged "good" camera. They will
have waterproof cameras with or without flash so if you are going
under water get one with a flash. Takes much better pictures.

Have fun.
PDDeen

Old February 24th, 2010, 04:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

PDDeen wrote:
Wait until you get on the ship or in ports and buy the "one time use"
camera. Have film processed on the ship while on the way to the next
port. Cuts down on worry of a lost or damaged "good" camera. They will
have waterproof cameras with or without flash so if you are going
under water get one with a flash. Takes much better pictures.

If going with a disposable camera, I would purchase it at home and
processed at home after the cruise. Costs for this kind of thing on a
ship or in the ports is usually much more expensive.

sue
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

nanatricot plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said On 2/23/2010
10:44 PM:
I'm leaving for a south Pacific cruise in a few days and totally
forgot that I'll be spending a lot of time on or near the beach. also
riding in canoes. I'm not a big snorkeler so chances of my wanting to
take underwater pictures are rather slim. so forewarned is forearmend.
I want to buy a camera that is not too water or sand sensitive. not
looking for the greatest pictures, just fun memories. Also don't want
to spend a fortune. Suggestions please.
S. I only have 3 days left so time is of the essence. Also I live in
canada. no time for shipping. Thnaks.

Disposable waterproof cameras can be bought in just about any
supermarket or drug store.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera

View My Web Pages: http://home.earthlink.net/~brian1951
My Shutterfly Page http://photosbybrianmk.shutterfly.com/

Old February 24th, 2010, 11:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:44:52 -0800 (PST), PDDeen
wrote:

Wait until you get on the ship or in ports and buy the "one time use"
camera. Have film processed on the ship while on the way to the next
port. Cuts down on worry of a lost or damaged "good" camera. They will
have waterproof cameras with or without flash so if you are going
under water get one with a flash. Takes much better pictures.

Have fun.
PDDeen

The last cruise we were on they no longer processed film - only
digital. (Celebrity)