Scotland - Greenock for Glasgow?

Old September 21st, 2003, 11:37 AM
Andy

Default Scotland - Greenock for Glasgow?

Visiting Greenock?

We are a voluntary group who have set up in order to promote out town.
Please take a few minutes to visit our site or our stall on the quay side,
to see how we can help make the
most of your stay.

http://inverclydetouristgroup.co.uk/

Happy cruising,

Andy Steen

Inverclyde Tourist Group

Old September 21st, 2003, 05:38 PM
Ed Wynn

We loved our experience with this fantastic group of volunteers a few
days ago. Take advantage of the great services they offer and meet
some of the nicest folks in the world.

Ed in Las Vegas

Old September 21st, 2003, 10:53 PM
Andy

Hi Ed Had a good time since leaving sunny Greenock?

Since you visited I've added a new page to the site where by previous visitors can email me pictures & a few words & I'll publish them.

We work closely with the Clyde Port Authority who provide the Pipers, but the tourist group & the CPA are one big happy family!

The farewell committee? It would be us!

The goal? You message says it all!

Best,

Andy

http://inverclydetouristgroup.co.uk

To sign our guest book click here

Old September 21st, 2003, 10:56 PM
Jim

I have no idea if this person has anything to do with this group but when we
docked there and were getting ready to leave port there was a group playing
the pipes and drums for a send-off for almost an hour. There was also one
young lady who stood there behind the barricades waving for well over an
hour and closer to two yelling 'thank you' and 'we love you' and 'come back
soon'. Very friendly port and much appreciated.
Jim

Old September 21st, 2003, 10:56 PM
Mike

have no idea if this person has anything to do with this group but when we
docked there and were getting ready to leave port there was a group playing
the pipes and drums for a send-off for almost an hour

They did that when we were there on the Royal Princess in mid-July. They also
greeted me with a personalized sign, presumably because I had visited their web
site.

Beautiful people from a lovely country.
Mike
Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:53 AM
Erm369

Subject: Scotland - Greenock for Glasgow?
From: "Andy"

Hi Ed Had a good time since leaving sunny Greenock?

Since you visited I've added a new page to the site where by previous
visitors can email me pictures & a few words & I'll publish them.

We work closely with the Clyde Port Authority who provide the Pipers,
but the tourist group & the CPA are one big happy family!

The farewell committee? It would be us!

The goal? You message says it all!

Best,

Andy
http://inverclydetouristgroup.co.uk

Hi Andy,

I visited your webside again, and was surprised to see that you've
added the pictures that we had taken together on the dock in
Greenock last month. I hope we will be able to visit you again
some day. We enjoyed meeting your group.

Ermalee

Old September 22nd, 2003, 05:13 AM
Ed Wynn

Hello Again Andy,

We only arrived back in the States yesterday. Still trying to sort
out the memories.

We will send you a photo or two after they are processed.

We were very fortunate to be there on an "Open Doors" weekend and I
will never forget our visit to the Kirk.

Thanks again for everything.

Ed and Roe Wynn

Old September 22nd, 2003, 07:47 PM
Warren H. Davis

"Jim" wrote in message
soon'. Very friendly port and much appreciated.
Jim

Greenock was our first port of call after 9/11 during s/s Norway's
final crossing. The warm welcome and wishes of the people of Greenock
were deeply moving. Beautiful country and people.

Warren