Costa Maya Excursions

Old January 6th, 2006, 04:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Costa Maya Excursions

Does anyone have good ideas for things to do around Costa Maya near
the water? We don't have anything planned and would prefer not to do
ship excursions.

Thanks,
David
Old January 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

David,
There are a number of tours that are independent right there at the
port complete with pricing etc. The are independent so of course, buyer
beware. The is also a shopping mall right there complete with a pool, bar,
and even shows that are all for free. A small beach for relaxing and a path
that will take you to another beach farther south. Even if you do not do a
ships tour you will find plenty to do there. Good luck.
Jim

Old January 6th, 2006, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Has anyone gone to Uvero Bch. at Costa Maya? Can you take a taxi
there? What activities are available and what are the cost? Thanks,
Linda

Old January 6th, 2006, 10:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:04:59 -0500, "jim"
wrote:

David,
There are a number of tours that are independent right there at the
port complete with pricing etc. The are independent so of course, buyer
beware. The is also a shopping mall right there complete with a pool, bar,
and even shows that are all for free. A small beach for relaxing and a path
that will take you to another beach farther south. Even if you do not do a
ships tour you will find plenty to do there. Good luck.
Jim

Thanks Jim. We've been there before (2004), but we didn't do any
exploring. We had ended up in port very early, none of the shops were
open yet (and we were the only ship in port). Even that
restaurant/bar right in front of that fountain/pool wasn't open yet,
so nobody was going in there (nobody wanted to be the first!). It was
weird being the only ship there. After about an hour, a few stores
were open so we shopped a little bit and bought some tee-shirts... but
then we ended up going back on the ship. I think we were just there
too early. Also, it was extremely humid and overcast (no sun, just
hot) and the air-conditioned bingo lounge aboard the ship seemed like
a nice place to be. We had originally planned on going to Chacchoben
ruins, but I had to nix that plan due to a rash on my thighs that I
had developed the day before, which had me hobbling around.

This time our group is larger and we've decided not to do any major
excursions inland, just to hang out and maybe play in the water and
relax along the beach. I guess I just hope we get there when
everything is open and lively, and that we're in good health (and not
rash-ridden!). :-)

Thanks for the info, maybe we can explore around a bit more this time!
David
Old January 6th, 2006, 10:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

David,
There is also a small village south of the port itself that you can get
to either by walking the path along the beach or renting a little golf cart
and taking the road inland. I have not been there but it seems to be a well
liked attraction.
Jim

Old January 7th, 2006, 03:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

J&L Brenner wrote:
Has anyone gone to Uvero Bch. at Costa Maya? Can you take a taxi
there? What activities are available and what are the cost? Thanks,
Linda

We took the RCCL shore excursion there this summer. They had powerboats
for rent,
and the snorkeling was second only to the Great Barrier Reef in
Australia. Amazing numbers
of fish and different types and colors of coral. Definitely worth the trip.

As this was a shore excursion, we were taken there by bus. It was a
15-minute ride, as I recall.
Don't know what a taxi would cost.
Old January 7th, 2006, 05:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article tVQvf.61150$4l5.25546@dukeread05, ccsuwxman
wrote:

J&L Brenner wrote:
Has anyone gone to Uvero Bch. at Costa Maya? Can you take a taxi
there? What activities are available and what are the cost? Thanks,
Linda

We took the RCCL shore excursion there this summer. They had powerboats
for rent,

From CCL official excursions and ShoreTrips they imply a scarcity of
these boats for rent, does that make sense to you ?

I'd much prefer to take a taxi to Uvero Beach and keep my own schedule.

Thanx for your input.

jay
Sat Jan 07, 2006

Old January 8th, 2006, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thank you for the info. Linda