Online Poll: Must Fat People Buy Two Airplane Seats?

Old May 24th, 2004, 10:28 PM
alexbrown77

Default My Fat Posts

I do not think that fast food places openning up in europe will be a
hugh problem because like you said the mentality is different. People
will not order things everyday but will go once in a while and might
even order a salad to start. I think that the rise in obesity in
America is a direct result of personal choices and similar to what you
said, laziness. As someone who use to be overweight, I know it is not
easy, but it is choice of what we put in our mouths, not the choice of
the fast food companies that open around us.
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Howie

Icono Clast wrote:

A few posts on fat, obesity, nutrition, and health from 2004-04-27 to
1998/05/29. They'll eventually be a page at the site at Right in the
sig.

Thanks for the warning, Icono. I'll be sure to avoid this one.

Howie

Old May 25th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Reef Fish

Howie wrote in message ...
Icono Clast wrote:

I thought he was referring to some Fat (as in long) Posts of his. :-)

A few posts on fat, obesity, nutrition, and health from 2004-04-27 to
1998/05/29.

Does that mean it's okay to be Fat prior to 1998? :-)

They'll eventually be a page at the site at Right in the
sig.

Thanks for the warning, Icono. I'll be sure to avoid this one.

Howie

I am inconoclastic about ANY post that stereotypes people, even
those posts written by someone under the handle "Econo Clast".

-- Bob.
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Stan-Fan

Default Online Poll: Must Fat People Buy Two Airplane Seats?

Perhaps the question is worded incorrectly. Not whether fat, or obese
people should be forced to purchase two seats when their body fat
occupies, or spills into the adjacent occupied seat, but whether any
other passenger should be forced to sit next to them during the flight.

If the paying passenger's refused to accept a seat next to someone who
can't fit in the seat without spilling over into the adjacent seat, and
the airline had to accomodate the person who wasn't obese or fat with a
preferred ticket upgrade, to accomodate the accomodation of the obese or
fat person on the flight - than airlines would quickly make it public
policy not to allow obese, and / or fat people to occupy one small
airline seat.

Force them to pay for the priviledge of occupying another empty seat
adjacent to them, or perhaps two if they caught a middle seat - and the
person who did fit comfortably in the airline seat, would have to be
accomodated with perhaps first class, or being put in the seat of their
choice.

In any case - the end result is someone is going to get "bumped" and the
airline loses money. The paying passengers who do fit comfortably into
the airplane seat, if any airplane seat can really be comfortable, are
taking the brunt of this problem - it isn't theirs, it is the airlines.

Special treatment for the obese, yep - don't let em fly unless all the
seats on the plane have been occupied with passengers who fit in the
seats, than put the obese-fat people on last, where there are TWO seats
available - not one - and if two are not available, well - sorry - the
fatty doesn't fly.

Old May 29th, 2004, 05:57 AM

alexbrown77 wrote:

I do not think that fast food places openning up in europe will be a
hugh problem because like you said the mentality is different. People
will not order things everyday but will go once in a while and might
even order a salad to start. I think that the rise in obesity in
America is a direct result of personal choices and similar to what you
said, laziness. As someone who use to be overweight, I know it is not
easy, but it is choice of what we put in our mouths, not the choice of
the fast food companies that open around us.

Alex,

Gotta disagree with you the fast food places. On my many trips to
various cities in Europe and Australia, I saw the McDonalds and Burger
King places simply mobbed--bye Europeans!

Stranger
Old May 31st, 2004, 02:06 AM
Stan de SD

wrote in message ...
alexbrown77 wrote:

I do not think that fast food places openning up in europe will be a
hugh problem because like you said the mentality is different. People
will not order things everyday but will go once in a while and might
even order a salad to start. I think that the rise in obesity in
America is a direct result of personal choices and similar to what you
said, laziness. As someone who use to be overweight, I know it is not
easy, but it is choice of what we put in our mouths, not the choice of
the fast food companies that open around us.

Alex,

Gotta disagree with you the fast food places. On my many trips to
various cities in Europe and Australia, I saw the McDonalds and Burger
King places simply mobbed--bye Europeans!

As they say, those Americans are fat and lazy because they eat nothing but
French Fries. Europeans, on the other hand, prefer a more healthy vegetarian
diet, such as pommes frites. :O|

Old May 31st, 2004, 04:18 AM

Stan de SD wrote:

wrote in message ...
alexbrown77 wrote:

[...]

Yeah! I think the fact that the language is different makes them less
fattening!

I suspect you've seen that bit that's been making the rounds of the
'Net, about how the various nationalities around the world eat all kind
of things, yet we "colonists" and the Brits are the ones who have all
the heart disease. The conclusion is that speaking English is hazardous
to your health!
Old May 31st, 2004, 04:53 AM
Tom & Linda

wrote in message ...
Stan de SD wrote:

wrote in message ...
alexbrown77 wrote:

[...]

Fried food (unhealthy) in the U.S. vs. Tempura (healthy sea food) in Japan?

--Tom