Viking Cruisers Return

Old December 17th, 2007, 06:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

Default Viking Cruisers Return

"Ermalee" wrote in message
. ..
WHAT in the world is the APB?? What could you have done to a calf ? More
information, please!
Nonny, I'm sorry about the death in your family. My sincere condolences
and safe journey to and back.

--Jean

What I hated most was the "wanted dead or alive" part! Scary stuff.

Ermalee ---totally not guilty

YOU were wanted dead or alive????Sheesh, Erm..you never told me that one!

--Jean

Old December 17th, 2007, 10:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Susette found it.

--Tom

wrote in message
Tom, how did you get such a good rate from the Port of Miami to FLL?

Glad to hear you all had such a great time. We really loved Freedom
of the Seas, so I'm not surprised to hear how wonderful her sister
ship is.

Jo-Ann

Old December 18th, 2007, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Jean
O'Boyle wrote:

LOL! Jo-Ann...40 ft waves!! No one from our group has come forth with a
figure yet, but I do believe the captain said it was 40 ft waves and 140
something winds as we were experiencing the effects of TS Olga! Some one in
the Vikings Group...HELP????

I never heard what the captain said but it did not feel like 40 ft
waves. And I did not see or smell any barf bags. I have been on several
cruises with worse waves. If there were 40 foot waves from Olga he
avoided them. I would guess about 12 foot waves.

--
Charles
Old December 18th, 2007, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
sheree

can you give me info? we're flying into fll for a mia cruise
thanks
sheree

"Tom K" wrote in message
Susette found it.

--Tom

Old December 18th, 2007, 05:08 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message

"Tom K" wrote in message
In Fort Lauderdale, I walked up to an outside check in agent who had
nobody in line... gave him my bag, he got me an exit row seat, and I was
heading through security within 2 minutes. My carry on bag did get
flagged for a search - my toothpaste tube had to be tossed...

And the ride from Miami pier to FTL was $17.

I think I really lucked into the FTL thing, even though I did it by
mistake.

--Tom

You were indeed lucky, Tom! I lost my confidence in TSA at the American
security point...When going through I was told that I was an employee and
asked why I was even going through security...I had my lanyard with my sea
pass on...Duh!!!!

By the way, did Leslie's bag ever turn up?

Yes... the people who took it (same burgundy color with a blue stripe of
tape on the handle - so the porter just picked it up off the conveyor)
discovered it at FLL airport, and contacted RCI immediately... and RCI
contacted her. She got the bag at the airport... And just as amazing, the
people who took it were on the same flight as Leslie. How funny would it
have been... had they not noticed it until Philly... and both of her bags
appear on the conveyor in Philly. That would have made Twilight Zone.

What the problem was... the color of the bag was so unique that the porter
never checked her name. He saw the right color and grabbed it, not knowing
there were 2 people with burgundy bags. At least with the zillions of black
bags, they would have had to check the name.

--Tom

Old December 18th, 2007, 05:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
et...

"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
Welcome home Jean, glad you enjoyed the Vikings. I keep saying I want to
do a Viking Cruise, but reading what you all say, I must move it up
higher on my list of "must do's".

DEFINITELY, Sue. At times I hurt from laughing!

I don't dare go without an asthma inhaler... like the last night when we had
the Santa doll... Oh LORD...

--Tom

Old December 18th, 2007, 05:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
et...

wrote in message
understand we had 140 ft. waves

Jean, I'm hoping you meant 14 foot waves. I can't imagine what it
would feel like to be in 140 ft. waves.

Jo-Ann

LOL! Jo-Ann...40 ft waves!! No one from our group has come forth with a
figure yet, but I do believe the captain said it was 40 ft waves and 140
something winds as we were experiencing the effects of TS Olga! Some one
in the Vikings Group...HELP????
--Jean

No help here... took one Bonine tablet and slept straight through the night
and straight through Olga, until I awoke to bright sunshine near St. Maarten
the next morning.

--Tom

Old December 19th, 2007, 05:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Tom K" wrote in message
No help here... took one Bonine tablet and slept straight through the
night and straight through Olga, until I awoke to bright sunshine near St.
Maarten the next morning.

Then you and Charles slept through it all!!! But Charles did not need the
Bonine! ;-) I felt the waves and heard the high winds.

By the way, weren't the little reading lights on each side of the beds
great? You could angle them so that they would shine right on your book
without disturbing anyone else sleeping....
I did miss the stainless steel pitchers of water that Celebrity always has
next to the ice bucket.
I also liked the curved openings on the closet doors and drawers...made for
easy opening. No knobs or rope handles.
Beds were VERY comfortable....egg crate tops and lovely designed linens.
The cubicle showers (reminded me of the revolving doors that we saw on banks
in Italy) were very nice with no possibility of any water coming out on the
bathroom floor. The size was fine for me but I imagine quite a few banged
the walls with their elbows because of their size.
The two mirrored cabinets along the big mirror over the desk were also a
nice touch...lots of space to put things...
No room directories with rules and regulations, room service menus, phone
numbers that also hold stationery and a pen...no pens period! They chip
away bit by bit hoping it isn't noticed! No lotions, hair conditioners...we
had bars of soap and a liquid on the shower wall which may have been soap
or shampoo...I bring my own so I didn't check it out.

--Jean

Old December 19th, 2007, 06:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Then you and Charles slept through it all!!! But Charles did not need the
Bonine! ;-) I felt the waves and heard the high winds.

Jean, were the waves and winds worse then the storm we had on the
Rhapsody of the Seas? The Mardi Gras cruise that never got to New
Orleans.lol

The two mirrored cabinets along the big mirror over the desk were also a
nice touch...lots of space to put things...

These two side cabinets are one of the things I have always loved on
RCCL ships. I wish other cruise lines would copy this.

sue
Old December 19th, 2007, 04:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
kerry ambler

gee jean, i had no trouble with the shower size . and the sliding shower
head was great for me as i could lower it to where the water actually hit
me.
we had pen, paper and a directory of rules and phone numbers including room
service menus etc. that's what reminded me to order the fried chix wings
from room service. i had read about them on cruise critic and i love chix
wings. they were actually drumettes. i brought it home. it was just a
book, not in a leather binder.
the liquid on the wall was a combination of shampoo and conditioner. there
is no lotion anymore but the suites get it. if you ask your steward he/she
can get you some.
i really liked the loan of the robes for platinum and above, but i think
you had to ask for them.

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
. net...