Barcelona Police and CSA Insurance

Old December 20th, 2007, 05:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
G&V[_2_]

Default Barcelona Police and CSA Insurance

We could use some help.
We were victims of a snatch and grap outside of our hotel in Barcelona as we
were hailing a cab to take us the the ship.
Our Nikon camera was taken.
There was no time to report it to the local police since we were boarding
the ship.
Does anyone know how to contact the Barcelona Police to make a report.
We have CSA Travel Insurance. It may be covered but we don't know.
Does anyone have any experience with our situation.
Any information on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
G&V
Port Saint Lucie Florida
f a r r e l l at att dot net

Old December 20th, 2007, 09:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

G&V wrote:
We could use some help.
We were victims of a snatch and grap outside of our hotel in Barcelona
as we were hailing a cab to take us the the ship.
Our Nikon camera was taken.
There was no time to report it to the local police since we were
boarding the ship.
Does anyone know how to contact the Barcelona Police to make a report.
We have CSA Travel Insurance. It may be covered but we don't know.

I would call CSA and see if they can help you.

sue
Old December 25th, 2007, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
hlind

On Dec 20, 10:43 am, "G&V" wrote:
We could use some help.
We were victims of a snatch and grap outside of our hotel in Barcelona as we
were hailing a cab to take us the the ship.
Our Nikon camera was taken.
There was no time to report it to the local police since we were boarding
the ship.
Does anyone know how to contact the Barcelona Police to make a report.
We have CSA Travel Insurance. It may be covered but we don't know.
Does anyone have any experience with our situation.
Any information on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
G&V
Port Saint Lucie Florida
f a r r e l l at att dot net

We were also victims of a snatch and grab in Barcelona. We were
boarding a bus in pre-dawn light en route to the airport. Like you,
there was no time to contact the local police because we had a flight
to catch. Upon returning to the US, I contacted Travelguard insurance
and explained the situation. The agent said under the circumstances,
we should file a report with our local police. We did so and were
reimbursed for the backpack and its rather expensive contents. Much
easier than trying to contact Barcelona police from back home. I would
call CSA and see what they say. Good luck.
Helen