Egypt - Good for Honeymoon?

Old December 11th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Tim

Default Egypt - Good for Honeymoon?

Hi all,

We are planning to take our honeymoon in Egypt in October 2004. I am
British and my wife-to-be, is American.

(1) Would you recommend egypt in general for honeymoons? We are
hoping it will be the perfect mix of beach/relaxation (Red Sea Coast)
and sightseeing (Cairo & Luxor).

(2) We are both experienced travellers, but have some concern about
how people might treat us with regards to recent tensions in Iraq.
Any positive/negative experiences to share?

(3) I'm not a big fan of package holidays; if we book hotels and
flights in advance is it going to be fairly straightforward organising
day trips and airport transfers locally?

Ok thats enough. Thanks for any thoughts.

Tim
Old December 12th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Jokertje

Sightseeing is great in Egypt, if you like old stuff. The Nile is a nice
green strip through the desert. When you book in advance there are no
problems and getting a hotel when you are there is not a problem either.
Being Western is no problem in Egypt, as long as your wife dresses
decent (of course at the beach you can wear a bikini). If you are not
into diving, I found the beach area pretty dissappointing to say the
least and there is not much to see. Dont
There is hardly any hassle in Egypt and its pretty relaxed. I know that
Egypt has sandsstorms at a certain period, dont know when.
November/December is no problem.

Old December 12th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Anders

Tim wrote:

Hi all,

We are planning to take our honeymoon in Egypt in October 2004. I am
British and my wife-to-be, is American.

(1) Would you recommend egypt in general for honeymoons? We are
hoping it will be the perfect mix of beach/relaxation (Red Sea Coast)
and sightseeing (Cairo & Luxor).

(2) We are both experienced travellers, but have some concern about
how people might treat us with regards to recent tensions in Iraq.
Any positive/negative experiences to share?

(3) I'm not a big fan of package holidays; if we book hotels and
flights in advance is it going to be fairly straightforward organising
day trips and airport transfers locally?

Ok thats enough. Thanks for any thoughts.

Tim

I was there before and during the attack on Iraq. People don't mix
crappy dictator leaders with citizens as far as I could experience.

I had NO bad experience during my two week trip around Egypt this March.
(Cairo, Alex, Giza and Saqqara)

/Anders

--
Remove the obvious part before replying by mail please!
Old December 21st, 2003, 08:29 PM
William Cook

Be careful where you get your hotel room as you might get a place that
has hidden peepholes in the bathroom and bedroom. I came across one
small business that was selling videos of a couple who were on a
honeymoon and showing said honeymooners in bathroom and making love.
The honeymoon couple were white skinned.