Shampoo & Soap ??

Old March 28th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Shampoo & Soap ??

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 06:45:46 -0800, Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

I just wanted to point out that is what not a "slam
dunk" that all cruise lines provided shampoo, at least in the past.

Hi Everyone,

What a terrible sentence. I guess I should not post this early on a
Sunday. It should have said:
I just wanted to point out that it is not a "slam dunk" that all cruise lines provided shampoo. At least this was not always true in the past.

This probably is not grammatically correct but you get the gist. g

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old March 28th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Gordon

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:07:31 -0600, wrote:
Ray,

I read on some site (cruisemates or cruisecritic) that Carnival provides
a supply of razors, toothpaste, shampoo, and other goodies at the start
of the cruise, but does not replenish that supply during the cruise.
One would hope that they at least provide soap daily! As for shampoo,
most ladies prefer their own. Us old baldies don't give a hoot! What
say you?

Many thanks,

Lakeside

Hi Lakeside,

As I mentioned in a previous post, at one time Carnival only supplied
soap. If you forgot or assumed that they were providing shampoo, it
mandated a costly visit to an onboard shop to purchase some shampoo.
The reason Carnival gave was that most of their guests preferred to
bring their own brand from home. I am sure that was true for many.
For those like myself who did not really care which brand we used, it
was not accurate. Carnival signed a deal whereby they got a
collection of samples from various suppliers. This deal got Carnival
guests the shampoo and Carnival either got compensation for
distributing samples from the suppliers or the goodies at a very
reasonable cost.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

The shampoo that Carnival places in the sample baskets would only take care
of one person for one day. Carnival was to have placed body wash and shampoo
dispensers on all of their ships but on the Triumph a couple of weeks ago,
there were no dispensers in my cabin. Not sure if they have finished adding
these to the entire fleet. It doesn't matter to me as I bring my own soap
and shampoo anyway.

Gordon

Old March 29th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Brian K

On 03/28/2004 4:12 PM Dick Goldhaber, committed to scribbelage:

Ah, you left coasters. We on the right (except politically) had been up for
hours and were already in coffee glot.

On our most recent HAL cruise they did provide shampoo, conditioner, and
soap, but I don't remember EVER seeing toothpaste or a razor. I do recall a
shower cap.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

.. .

Sunday. It should have said:

I just wanted to point out that it is not a "slam dunk" that all cruise

lines provided shampoo. At least this was not always true in the past.

This probably is not grammatically correct but you get the gist. g

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Before a cruise, I always stop off at the local Walgreens or Target.
They have some of the best personal grooming products in small travel
size bottles. While it's nice to have these amenities provided on a
cruise ship, I find that often the shampoo / conditioner is of inferior
quality. Who needs free bathroom stuff if it's going to do major damage
to my hair?

The only places where I've found quality shampoo / conditioner is at
land based five star hotels. The best overall bathroom package was at
El Gran Porto Real in Playa del Carmen Mexico.

I will say that Holland America provides superior hand/bath soap. I
did use that shower cap too. I took it home and used it to cover a bowl
of pasta basil salad that I put in the refrigerator.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old March 29th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Jaime A. Cruz

Brian K wrote:
Before a cruise, I always stop off at the local Walgreens or Target.
They have some of the best personal grooming products in small travel
size bottles. While it's nice to have these amenities provided on a
cruise ship, I find that often the shampoo / conditioner is of inferior
quality. Who needs free bathroom stuff if it's going to do major damage
to my hair?
The only places where I've found quality shampoo / conditioner is at
land based five star hotels. The best overall bathroom package was at
El Gran Porto Real in Playa del Carmen Mexico.

I will say that Holland America provides superior hand/bath soap. I did
use that shower cap too. I took it home and used it to cover a bowl of
pasta basil salad that I put in the refrigerator.

Placebo effect. Test after scientific test shows that Ivory dishwashing
liquid is as effective for your hair as the most expensive herbal
shampoos with genuine rhino gonads. In a pinch I've lathered up the
bath soap bar and my hair comes out just fine. Spend the money if you
want, but the stuff they provide in the shower dispenser is all you need.

Funny how everyone is looking to save money on shore excursions, drink
and airfare, but have no problem at all throwing their money away on
personal grooming products... :-P

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Secretary
Old March 29th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Dick Goldhaber

I have always brought my own supplies although the shampoo supplied by HAL
is probably better than the brand I have been using for the last ten years.

I do not carry soap, but I do pack everything else.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

"Jaime A. Cruz" wrote in message
. net...

Old March 29th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Cruising Chrissy

I will say that Holland America provides superior hand/bath soap. I did
use that shower cap too. I took it home and used it to cover a bowl of
pasta basil salad that I put in the refrigerator.

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 02:37:12 GMT, "Jaime A. Cruz"
wrote:

Placebo effect. Test after scientific test shows that Ivory dishwashing
liquid is as effective for your hair as the most expensive herbal
shampoos with genuine rhino gonads.

Citation please. Abstract accepted.

Funny how everyone is looking to save money on shore excursions, drink
and airfare, but have no problem at all throwing their money away on
personal grooming products... :-P

Each to their own waste.