Trip report CPR-LAS/LAS-CPR

Old October 26th, 2003, 01:29 AM
Michael Graham

Default Trip report CPR-LAS/LAS-CPR

TRIP REPORT CPR-LAS/LAS-CPR. (Information recorded on PALM Tungsten E.
some information provided by UA E-timetable.)
Tue Oct 21, 2003
From Casper, WY to Las Vegas, NV via Denver, CO
(actual departure & arrival times)
[flight status] {remarks}

{PREFLIGHT REMARKS: I received UA EasyUpdates via e-mail, voice mail,
and text messaging at 8 or so. The flight from CPR-DEN looks to be on
time. Checked UAL.com for LAS flight status. Found out that was on
time too, but was leaving at B16 and I was coming in at B57. My mom
and I left for airport at 9:10, so she could get gas. Halfway there I
got a voice mail regarding the DEN-LAS flight Arrived at airport at
9:30 for full (seatmap) flight. Check-in was slightly longer than
usual due to baggage screening. There were a number of hunters with
guns and meat. Took several minutes from for their bags to screened.
As for security it went well, even with having to take shoes off (see
note on returning flight),}

CPR-DEN
United operated by UA XP/SKYWEST
Flight: UA6327 non-stop
Leave: CPR 10:25a(10:23)[on time]
Arrive: DEN 11:30a(11:25, although text message shows 11:30, going
with captain)[early]
Aircraft type: EM2
Seat #: 10a Gate #s: a1, b57
{ Flight is slightly less than full by 1 or 2 people. Smooth flight
with only 1 or 2 small bumps. Flight is on plane with SkyWest livery,
rather than UAX livery. Flight seemed to take less than really did.
That was good, as I had a cold and my ears were plugged before
entering plane. I had to travel all way across the concourse to get to
my next gate. Stopped for bathroom break and coffer break. Used the
moving walkway, as my carry-on bag seemed to weigh a 100lbs. I got to
the gate about 5 or 10 before boarding}

DEN-LAS
United
Flight: UA1237 non-stop
Leave: DEN 12:30p (12:30) [on time]
Arrive: LAS 1:10p (1:03) [early]
Aircraft type: 733
Seat #: 20d Gate #s: b19, d39
{The flight was boarded by seating areas at 12:00. I was in seating
are # 3. This was a very full flight (only 1 empty seat) aboard a
plane with Shuttle by United livery. The flight was very hot at first
(my cold does not help matters any), I helped a man find his cell
phone under my seat before taxi. He used my phone to call his. This
flight was slightly bumpy out of DEN, but got better as we got closer
to LAS. This meant our flight attendants had to stay seated a little
longer. After deplaning I headed for baggage claim #2. Luggage takes a
few minutes, so I headed for a restroom. Upon returning my bag is
waiting for me. Off to Payless Rent A Car shuttle I go after picking
up my bag. While waiting for the bus I remember why they are so cheap.
They have only one bus that comes every million minutes (it seems that
long in the Vegas heat, but at least it dry). Needless to say don't go
with Payless if you are in a hurry. Glad I was not in a hurry or I
would be saying burn and learn. The bus showed up after about 10
minutes. Shortly after we are at their location. Driver got on radio
and complained, as he had not been informed he had renters waiting.
Sign in terminal says to head to bus pick-up area, so how would the
airport staff know to call him if we had not checked in with them.
Needless to say he don't get a tip from anyone on the bud. Within 10
minutes I am out of there. It's 3pm and time for some food and cold
pill or 2.}

Sat Oct 25, 2003
From Las Vegas, NV to Casper, WY via Las Angeles, CA & Denver, CO
(actual departure & arrival times)
[flight status] {remarks}
{PREFLIGHT REMARKS : I left for airport at 6am. Arrived at Payless
about 6:15. Took 5 minutes to check in car and then I was on their
bus. 5 minutes later I was off to the airport. I used EasyCheckin, as
I was able to check my bags with this system. It took less than 1
minute to print out boarding pass and another 5 or 10 minutes for
baggage check, as I got in wrong line. UA employee helped me out in a
very friendly manner, rather than sending me to the right line. I just
handed my bag to TSA and I headed for the gate. Security went okay
even though my Rockport shoes have metal in them (just found out today
from TSA). My shoes had to be x-rayed. After security I was off to
find some food, as it 7am and does my flight not leave until 9am. I
did check my phone for text messages or voice mails from UA}

LAS-LAX
United
Flight: UA112 non-stop
Leave: LAS 9:05a (9:20) [late]
Arrive: LAX 10:08a (10:15) [late]
Aircraft type: 757
Seat #: 17c (moved to 15b)
Gate #: d37, 777
{Boarded the flight at 8:40. Looks to be less than full flight. Was
told I could have a row to myself. I think they wanted at least a few
people in he exit rows. Not a problem as I liked the extra legroom.
Also put me closer to the door, as I had a tight connection. Power
system on plane did work on ground, so a backup unit was brought in
(was told not a safety issue). Had one foreign lady try to get up to
use the restroom just before takeoff. She did not understand a word of
English. Listened in on channel 9, although did not understand
everything said. Was on wrong side of plane for the view of the
California wild fire.}

LAX-DEN
United
Flight: UA310 non-stop
Leave: LAX 10:45a (11:00) [late]
Arrive: DEN 2:00p (2:20) [late]
Aircraft type: 757
Seat #: 17d (moved to 15b again)
{Just had enough time for a bathroom break. Arrived at gate, as they
were making a final boarding call. Had what seemed like a long traffic
control delay. After takeoff we were told that our flight would
getting into DEN late due to the ground delay and strong head winds.
Not sure if I will make my connection or not. I checked the UA
timetable on my PDA. Looks like 6:40pm is the next departure time to
CPR. Was able to see the wild fire this go around after standing up.
Also saw a weird looking cloud that was pushed up by fire (what a
sight), Captain turned on channel 9, although did not hear much until
we got closer to DEN (not sure if the sound was working). Our captain
spotted and turned in a wild fire. Appears as though our captain was
the first to report this fire.}
DEN-CPR

United operated by UA XP/SKYWEST
Flight: UA6330 non-stop
Leave: DEN 2:35p (2:45) [on time]
Arrive: CPR 3:41p [on time]
Aircraft type: EM2
Seat #: 10a Gate #: 59k (gate on LAX-DEN flight kept saying b78 for
some reason)
{I had just enough time for a restroom break and before going on to
the gate for boarding. If we had arrived a few minutes later I would
have missed my connecting flight. Before closing the door the flight
attendant asks for 2 people to move to the back of plane for weights
and balances. Was a very bumpy ascent and descent. I arrive to find
all bags except for mine. I headed to the ticket counter to file a
report. Was told it may be on the next flight, due to my tight
connection in DEN.}
Old October 26th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Miss L. Toe

Stopped for bathroom break and coffer break.

I dont think we need that much detail in trip reports do we Sjoerd ?

few minutes, so I headed for a restroom.

Had you been drinking a lot ?
Or do you need to go see the Doc.

{Just had enough time for a bathroom break.

I guess this was a different day - so I'll let you off

{I had just enough time for a restroom break

You really should go for a checkup.

Nice report :-)

Old October 26th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Howard Long

Hi Michael

Sat Oct 25, 2003
From Las Vegas, NV to Casper, WY via Las Angeles, CA & Denver, CO

... Security went okay
even though my Rockport shoes have metal in them (just found out today
from TSA). My shoes had to be x-rayed. After security I was off to
find some food, as it 7am and does my flight not leave until 9am.

Gate #: d37, 777

Can I assume that security screening at McCarren has vastly improved?
Several times since 9/11 I've suffered lines of over an hour to get through
security to the monorail shuttle to the D gates. For the past year or so
I've flown direct to LA from London and driven, but this week I will be
attempting McCarren D gates again... and I'm not looking forward to it.

Kind Regards, Howard

Old October 26th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Michael Graham

Security was not all that bad at LAS. I was through it in about 10 or
maybe 15 minutes tops.

M. Graham

"Howard Long" wrote in message ...
Hi Michael

Sat Oct 25, 2003
From Las Vegas, NV to Casper, WY via Las Angeles, CA & Denver, CO

Old October 27th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Michael Graham

i am glad that my return flights via LAX were yesterday, as I guess a
number flights in and out of So.Cal. airport are being impacted by the
wild fires there. Here is a link to a story from America Worst or in
Bill's case America Best,
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031026/nysu021_1.html.

M. Graham

(Michael Graham) wrote in message . com...
TRIP REPORT CPR-LAS/LAS-CPR. (Information recorded on PALM Tungsten E.
some information provided by UA E-timetable.)
Tue Oct 21, 2003
From Casper, WY to Las Vegas, NV via Denver, CO
[...]

From Las Vegas, NV to Casper, WY via Las Angeles, CA & Denver, CO