Why do people live in Florida?

Old October 7th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Roger B.

"Hatunen" wrote...
wrote:
With air conditioning. But on days like today, in North Florida,
its its great to be outdoors. Low 63 F, high 82 F, humidity 52%.

Hm. Just like here, except our humidity is 13%.

Sure, and you have lots of sand, too, perhaps more than Florida.
OTOH, there is something to be said for green woodlands (not
that scraggly things you call trees), and actual oceans, lakes, and
miles of beaches. I don't recall that you have much in the way of
sailing, canoeing, snorkeling or fishing, at least none that doesn't
have something to do with /a/ dam. And you import Key Lime Pie
from where? [R]

Old October 7th, 2004, 11:32 PM
eüphemism

"Robert Morrisette" wrote in message
You are lucky. Almost every year hurricanes hit Florida, kill people and
cost billions of dollars. How can you stand the high temperatures and
humidity?

Sabu

Robert... you might want to reconsider that statement.... I lived in
Florida for over 25 years and endured only one hurricane. During that time,
many storms came close, very few hit the state. The only one of much
consequence was Andrew, thought there were others. None of these but Andrew
did the sort of damage that any of the four from this season did to Florida.
There was ONE that hit from the gulf side that did some damage up in the Big
Bend area, but all the others were pretty much rain events.

Having come from Illinois, I can tell you that the humidity was to laugh at
when I could sit on my porch in shorts in February and the scuba diving was
far superior to the sort of mud baths we would get in the quarries up north.

Old October 8th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Hatunen wrote:

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:12:14 -0400, "Roger B."
wrote:

"Robert Morrisette" wrote...
Almost every year hurricanes hit Florida, kill people and cost
billions of dollars. How can you stand the high temperatures
and humidity?

With air conditioning. But on days like today, in North Florida,
its its great to be outdoors. Low 63 F, high 82 F, humidity 52%.

Hm. Just like here, except our humidity is 13%.

Ah, yes -- Tucson has a lot of cheap beachfront lots. The only trouble
is that the water is a couple of hundred miles away.

I live in FL because it is one of the last bastions of freedom in the US.