not given frequent flyer miles

Old November 7th, 2007, 01:32 AM posted to rec.travel.air
LVTravel[_2_]

Default not given frequent flyer miles

"mrtravel" wrote in message
. ..
LVTravel wrote:
"Brian" wrote in message

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 00:16:05 -0500, "LVTravel" wrote:

SNIP

Since my daughter has gotten older, we often book two rooms. I do get
credit for both rooms. Of course I'm paying for both rooms but so was
the OP with the airline tickets. SNIP

The only way I have found to get credit for more than one room at at time
is to book them separately. Then I can get the additional points but not
if I book more than one room at one setting. What hotel company is
giving credit for multiple bookings? Might have to change my hotels of
choice (no pun intended and definately can't stand the Choice brands.)

Muliple major US chains do this, but I can't remember which.
I believe I got points for 2 rooms at both Hilton and Hyatt at one time.

My complaint with Hilton is when you book 2 rooms now, at the same time,
you get two identical confirmations by email, for one room. Also, you are
unable to view the reservation on the website. If you call them, they will
tell you there are 2 rooms book, but it is a bit uncomfortable not being
able to get this info in the email confirmation or when you look online.
On the other hand, I liked the double dipping aspect of the program for
points and airline miles. Elite status is worthwhile.
We got free breakfast at the Dublin Airport Hilton on Friday night.
In addition, we received fruit in our room, and a turndown with chocolates
and wine. Nice benefits considering I booked a discounted prepaid rate.

"breakfast at the Dublin Airport Hilton on Friday night" is pretty good,
didn't know they served breakfast at night......LOL.

Hilton is my preferred chain but they don't routinely give points for
multiple room bookings at one time (I'm currently gold status, 25% bonus
points and have been Diamond with them until this year 50% bonus points.) I
also like the double dipping with them. I normally get all you said or more
and most of my stays are free on HHonors (currently at 985,000 points.)
Spent 5 nights in executive level in Waldorf Hilton (£300-$600 per night) in
London while my son was staying a week in executive level in Barcelona
Hilton (?250 - $400 per night) this past July. The executive level (or
concierge level in some properties in the states) gives breakfast,
afternoon-evening snacks, drinks (soft just about all day + hard in the
evening for about 5 hours.) Always stay the night before flight at an
Embassy Suite for free, get a full, cooked to order, breakfast and shuttle
to the airport in the morning. Park the car for free also (up to 15 days
one time.)

Old November 7th, 2007, 09:50 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_3_]

LVTravel wrote:

"breakfast at the Dublin Airport Hilton on Friday night" is pretty good,
didn't know they served breakfast at night......LOL.

Jet lag...
I meant we stayed overnight Friday at the Dublin Airport Hilton and had
breakfast the next morning, before taking AA 93 DUB-ORD-SFO. We were
upgraded for all of the outbound and for ORD-SFO on the return.

Hilton is my preferred chain but they don't routinely give points for
multiple room bookings at one time (I'm currently gold status,

Page 7 of the membership guide, top of right column
In bold, "Credit for up to two rooms per stay"
http://hhonors1.hilton.com/ts/en_US/...rGuide0507.pdf

So, if you didn't receive credit, you should find out why.
In any case, I recommend reading the membership guide to make sure you
aren't missing anything else.