More St Thomas/St Maarten questions

Old February 9th, 2006, 02:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default More St Thomas/St Maarten questions

We'll be on Navigator of the Seas in 2 weeks and are finalizing our
daily plans - thanks to all who responded to my questions yesterday
about Coki Beach or Magens Bay. It really does help to get your opinion.

I think we have determined that Coki Beach will be where we go. I only
have 2 more questions that I am hoping somebody can answer: (1) Are
there lockers out there where I could lock up my camera while we are on
the beach? I really want to get some pictures out there and would hate
to have to leave my camera on the ship. (2) Are cabs readily available
at the beach once we determine its time to go back?

Now for St Maarten - I asked yesterday if anyone had been to Simpson's
Bay. We've seen pictures of planes landing there and I think it may be a
neat thing to see - plus its close by cab. We've also heard Orient beach
is nice but we're not sure which one to go to and how close Orient beach
is. Can anyone tell me what Simpsons Bay is like and which one would you
prefer - Orient or Simpson? Also - how far is it by cab to Orient Bay?

Thanks again for any help.
Old February 9th, 2006, 02:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Mike wrote in news:4pIGf.27134$VV4.238729@ursa-
nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

We'll be on Navigator of the Seas in 2 weeks and are finalizing our
daily plans - thanks to all who responded to my questions yesterday
about Coki Beach or Magens Bay. It really does help to get your

opinion.

I think we have determined that Coki Beach will be where we go. I only
have 2 more questions that I am hoping somebody can answer: (1) Are
there lockers out there where I could lock up my camera while we are

on
the beach? I really want to get some pictures out there and would hate
to have to leave my camera on the ship. (2) Are cabs readily available
at the beach once we determine its time to go back?

No and Yes, I have vbever had a problem with cabs at Coki, the drivers
hang out knowing that there will be a fare, but I have not seen lockers
not a problem if you have a designated non swimmer!

Now for St Maarten - I asked yesterday if anyone had been to Simpson's
Bay. We've seen pictures of planes landing there and I think it may be

neat thing to see - plus its close by cab. We've also heard Orient

beach
is nice but we're not sure which one to go to and how close Orient

beach
is. Can anyone tell me what Simpsons Bay is like and which one would

you
prefer - Orient or Simpson?

Simpson's is cool, you really feel like you can touch the planes, but
they are loud. Orient is nice although there are a lot of tacky t shirt
vendors capitalizing on the fact that Orient has a fair number of
topless bathers and IIRC some stretches of Naturalists.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations