Delta Skymiles

Old September 29th, 2004, 09:08 PM
poldy

Default Delta Skymiles

I have over 130k Skymiles.

Should I be concerned about not being able to use them if Delta's
financial condition deteriorates?

I tried to redeem for a flight from SF to Paris and the delta.com site
said non-US travel not supported! I'm assuming it's a temporary thing.
I called and they didn't seem to know anything about it. But they would
have to input some dates to be sure.

Would it be advantageous to get a Skyteam Award Certificate or two? I
don't have specific travel plans in the next year. But I understand the
Certificates are good for a year and if I don't use them, I can
redeposit for $100. Some of the partner airline options are attractive
(other airlines have more direct flight options than Delta does from my
home).

What would be the best way to protect my miles or is it likely that even
in bankruptcy, as long as Delta is operating, I should be okay?
Old September 30th, 2004, 02:00 AM
New Yorker

In my experience you always had to telephone Delta to redeem Delta Skymiles
for foreign travel (and they were always very helpful with booking both
their own and partner flights). Since their website did not historically
support the booking of non-US reward travel this would not reflect a change.

news

Old October 1st, 2004, 01:23 AM
poldy

In article ,
"New Yorker" wrote:

In my experience you always had to telephone Delta to redeem Delta Skymiles
for foreign travel (and they were always very helpful with booking both
their own and partner flights). Since their website did not historically
support the booking of non-US reward travel this would not reflect a change.

I'm pretty sure I've done it in the past.

But yeah when I called they didn't seem to know anything about it.

I don't have specific travel plans, which is why I'm leaning towards
certificates which could be used on partner flights.