One Night in Bangkok, $300 budget, where would you stay?

Old October 8th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Peter L

Default One Night in Bangkok, $300 budget, where would you stay?

"Sjoerd" wrote in message

"Peter L" schreef in bericht

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message

Yes, but that's the Hong Kong Peninsula, not the one in Bangkok.

No it's the one in Bangkok.

Rated when and by whom?

Some international travel mag, done annually. I think this worldwide hotel
rating has been done by the same mag for a number of years now. HK
Peninsula, BKK Oriental, a couple in Europe, have always been at the tope
five. This Peninsula in BKK is new and got on the tope rung quickly.

Sjoerd

Old October 8th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Chris Blunt

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:51:23 -0700, "Peter L"
wrote:

"Chris Blunt" wrote in message
.. .

Yes, but that's the Hong Kong Peninsula, not the one in Bangkok.

No it's the one in Bangkok.

All of these four surveys which I've just looked at all put the Hong
Kong Peninsula at best or second best in Asia. Their property in
Bangkok doesn't even get a mention in three out of those four
listings. Certainly the Bangkok Peninsula is very nice but I don't see
how it can in any way be considered better than the one in Hong Kong
which has been winning the top places in awards for as long as I can
remember.

http://www.apmforum.com/travel/asiacityhotels.htm

http://www.asia-hotels.com/about/awardsresults_pr.asp

http://www.departures.com/survey/lis...gion=asia&cat=

http://iht.com/articles/110121.html

Where are you reading this survey that rates the Bangkok Peninsula as
number one in the world?

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:27:39 -0700, "Peter L"
wrote:

For what it's worth, the Pennisula is rated number 1 in the world.

"Matt Mason" wrote in message
Getting married and looking for a hotel to book one night before we
leave for the honeymoon. Normally I stay at the Royal.. but somehow I
think my wife would appreciate something a little more upscale for the
wedding night :+)

The Shangri-la looks nice with the balconies, but I have no idea if
their reputation is more hype than reality. Any info/recommendations

on
the Shangri-la or other good hotels in BKK?

Thanks in advance..

Matt

Old October 9th, 2003, 11:09 AM
JMS

"Matt Mason" wrote in message
Getting married and looking for a hotel to book one night before we
leave for the honeymoon. Normally I stay at the Royal.. but somehow I
think my wife would appreciate something a little more upscale for the
wedding night :+)

The Shangri-la looks nice with the balconies, but I have no idea if
their reputation is more hype than reality. Any info/recommendations on
the Shangri-la or other good hotels in BKK?

Thanks in advance..

Matt

I've stayed in the Oriental there which was very nice.