Canadian Can't Sing US Natl. Anthem

Old April 26th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Hatunen

On 25 Apr 2005 14:16:03 -0700, "PeterL"
wrote:

Bill Pittman wrote:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...bbed.anthem.ap
/index.html?cnn=yes

OK, you right-wing nuts, go after Canada again! :-/

Why would a Canadian need to know how to sing the US anthem?

Either that or you have American singers doing "O Canada." Both
anthems are played, and sometimes sung, before games involving
both an American and a Canadian team.

remember seeing at least one American who can't remember the words.
That was before a basketball game in Portland.

The Star Spangled Banner" was most famously flubbed by Robert
Goulet at the Ali-Liston fight; he was an American-born Canadian.

Old April 26th, 2005, 12:41 AM

The fact is - nobody can sing that stupid anthem without ****king it
up. It is unsingable - everyone knows that.

Old April 26th, 2005, 12:41 AM

Old April 26th, 2005, 03:48 PM
My side

Do americans expect everyone in the world to know the words to the US Anthem
which is full of bombs blasting and other war mongering statements.

'America the Beautiful' would be a better tune, words and message to the
world.

Old April 26th, 2005, 04:34 PM
TNSAF

Bill Pittman wrote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...bbed.anthem.ap
/index.html?cnn=yes

OK, you right-wing nuts, go after Canada again! :-/

She was probably reflecting on the time the US military (I forget what
branch there of) accidentally flew the Canadian flag upside-down during some
shared event...

The US attempted to invade Canada..., a Canadian singer screws up the US
anthem.

**** happens, the problem comes when we take it way too seriously!

We have had a 193 year friendship... what's a few screw-ups between friends?

Old April 26th, 2005, 05:46 PM
George

I was recently in Ireland and watching the Six-Nations Rugby Tournament I
noticed that there was no national anthems played before the start of the
games! Also the referees could plainly be heard swearing at the players
about things they wouldn't allow! Hell, in the land of the free and the home
of the brave a referee or umpire would be drawn and quartered for saying
some of the stuff we heard on TV during a game over there...

The singing of the American National Anthem started during War World Two and
has been continued in America ever since.

I agree about the playing America the Beautiful instead of the Star Spangled
Banner but I believe the Christian Right doesn't want it played as it's
suppose to turn ya' gay or some sorta' garbage like that...

My couple-o-pennies