Sat TV, Internet and Phone line which option?

Old October 29th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Toby Te Ruoe

Default Sat TV, Internet and Phone line which option?

Hi, I have recently moved to OZ from NZ. There are just so many options
available for these packages. What I would like is the best package for
money. I would like Digital Services with the basic subscription, Internet
with 1500/256 kps and a Phone line. Would you recomend a package to me? I
have been looking into iinet, because they seem to have good customer
support. But once I am set up, i do not think I will be requiring their
assitance.
So any suggestions people.
Thanks.

Old October 29th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Jeff

"Toby Te Ruoe" wrote in message
Hi, I have recently moved to OZ from NZ. There are just so many options
available for these packages. What I would like is the best package for
money. I would like Digital Services with the basic subscription, Internet
with 1500/256 kps and a Phone line. Would you recomend a package to me? I
have been looking into iinet, because they seem to have good customer
support. But once I am set up, i do not think I will be requiring their
assitance.
So any suggestions people.
Thanks.

Go with iinet, good plans and good connections, however the customer
service is not so good, long delays on the telphone on hold are common,
technical help is very poor.

Old October 29th, 2005, 06:02 AM
A Mate

It depends on your usage requirements; and where you live. Whether or not
you want cable/satellite TV is also a consideration. For me - Optus is best;
but the Optus cable passes my house.

Old October 30th, 2005, 07:50 AM
stevesub

I use Telstra for my phone ($18/mth), Foxtel for satellite TV via
Telstra, Exetel for ADSL, Go Talk calling card for distance calls from
any landline in Australia incl home, Skype for calls from PC, Vodafone
for GSM mobile incl GPRS ($50 for unlimited useage, excellent value)
and Telstra prepay for our CDMAmobile forr when we are in the outback.

Hate Telstra but have to learn to live with them at times but will be
looking to change our phone soon.

Stevesub

Old October 31st, 2005, 09:16 AM
c819393

do u use go talk to call oversea calls or interstate call , if so what's the
rate? what do u use the skype call for? oversea calls? also this vodafone,
is the unlimited refering to calls to mobile phone only?
.com...

Old October 31st, 2005, 11:09 PM
stevesub

Gotalk - we use it for overseas and interstate - look up the web site
for rates www.gotalk.com.au

Skype - Computer to computer with the kids who live overseas, free and
also all other calls using Skypeout when I am too lazy to get up off my
chair to go get the phone. 2c/min to almost anywhere.

I have a wireless network and laptop at home. Last 3 months I have
been confined to my chair because of a badly broken leg so have used
Skype a lot.

Vodafone - the $50 is for unlimited data using their GPRS service. Slow
when compared with ADSL but great when you are travelling. Detaiuls are
on their web site.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 04:29 AM
Man Utd

How can you come up with $18/m for the phone ?
I just received a notice they are charging my line rental fees from $25 to
$31.

oups.com...