HELP WITH OVERSEAS DELIVERY - USA to AUSTRALIA

Old May 18th, 2006, 07:56 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Default HELP WITH OVERSEAS DELIVERY - USA to AUSTRALIA

Hello all,

I hope I have the right place.
I am trying to get a large package from USA to Sydney Australia but the
USPS will not ship anything that has a girth of more than 72 inches.
Also it is too tall.

It is only 12 kilos, so weight is not an issue. I have tried couriers
but the cost is extreme.

My question is a little wild, but the only way to get this thing here
is if a traveller from the USA to Australia would be willing to bring
this with them as excess luggage and I would pay the fees for that.

This is the only way to get it here.
It can come in two boxes, one box is small enough to go through USPS
and would cost me $50 shipping, the other box is to big.

So you are wondering what it is, it is called "Slam Man" it is a boxing
dummy, that you hit and has lights that light up. You punch them in
sequence and yuo cannot buy it in Australia.
I bought it off a guy on ebay but we can't get it here, so we cancelled
the transaction.

Now I am looking at buying a new one from the USA but need someone to
bring it over here. The only cost effective way would be for them to
bring it as excess luggage.

Doe anyone know of any place or person that does this or would be
willing to do this?
I will pay the excess fees (if there is any, its not heavy at all) and
on pick up will gladly pay you for your efforts. I would buy it from a
shop near you and pay them direct.

Here is more info on it

PACKAGE DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
MASTER CARTON DIMENSIONS
AND WEIGHT
Length 54"
Width 19.5"
Height 17.75"
Weight 29 lbs.
Cubes 18,690.75" 10.82'

That is packed brand new as one piece however, it could be re-packed in
2 seperate boxes, the smaller one which cantains the head and
electronics can come by regular mail through USPS for $50. The rest of
it is plastic and air, not heavy but too tall, to go thruogh the post
and sea mail is really expensive for it.

Here is more info on it

http://www.fitnessquest.com/scripts/...item=FIT004199

Can any1 help, please email me

thanks
Nick

Old May 18th, 2006, 07:58 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

send reply to my gmail account or

grafos

AT optusnet.com.au

Old May 18th, 2006, 11:51 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Mate!! You've got to be kidding!!

Today - 2 US Navy Petty Officers were jailed for many years for endeavouring
to import large quantities of 'crack ice' into Australia via Townsville on
an official Navy visit.

Now! You are proposing some poor innocent soul bring in a parcel neither
USPS nor DHL could handle!!!!

Give it away mate!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...5/s1641871.htm

ups.com...

Old May 18th, 2006, 02:05 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

54 inches, so its shorter than a broomstick
and less than the depth of the bull****, larger articles are shipped
internationally every day, look for a different shipper

Nobody in their right mind would bring your parcel in, Jails are full of
people just doing a favour for a friend

--
If at first you dont succeed
try try try again

_

Old May 19th, 2006, 12:48 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

.. wrote:
On 17 May 2006 23:56:24 -0700, "
wrote:
[msge snipped]
Hello all,

I hope I have the right place.
I am trying to get a large package from USA to Sydney Australia but the
USPS will not ship anything that has a girth of more than 72 inches.
Also it is too tall.

It is only 12 kilos, so weight is not an issue. I have tried couriers
but the cost is extreme.

So you are quite willing for someone to risk being jailed for lying at
an airport check-in when asked if they are carrying something for
someone else?

What the hell are you takling about. I am not proposing anyone lies. If
it can't be done, it's as simple as that, it can't be done. Nobody
would go to jail for carrying a ****ing boxing dummy. Of course they
would get a ****ing receipt, it is sold in a shop and would be bought
from a shop. People bring bicycles and skis etc

What about the Customs issue at the Aussie end when he/she cannot
produce a receipt?

Why would they not produce a receipt?

Might cost you a lot more than you expected trying
to get it back.

BTW, weight is not an issue here. The item would not only incur
excess baggage charges if applicable but additional charges because of
it's size. Plus it would be tagged 'limited liability' i.e. no payout
for damage.

There are plenty of other methods of shipping items from the US i.e.
Fedex, UPS, DHL - look up your local yellow pages and find out who
else has world-wide services.

Yes Fedex is airmail only charge is $355
Sea mail is the same price with DHL

Paying close to $400 in shipping for an item worth $200 is obviously
not worth it

Thw whole jail and drug implication is pure bull****, the answer is a
smple no, this cant be done due to the state of the world at the moment
- drug mules, etc would make more

So unless you were planning to steal it and fill it with drugs you are
all full of crap

the bottom line is NO it cannot be done due to height and girth
restrictions and if i ever I go to the states i will buy it from a
shop and geta recipt and bring it back, and i guarantee I will NOT go
to jail for it

Cath

Old May 19th, 2006, 05:15 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

wrote in message
[...]

What you're looking for is a courier. There are companies set up who fly
people around with other peoples goods in their possesssion. It's an
expensive way to send freight internationally as you need to pay for the
couriers airfare and other charges.

A simplier way to do it is to send it via United Airlines Cargo Services.
It'll get here overnight. Check out their web site at
http://www.unitedcargo.com/services/IntAirFreight.jsp

Regards

Kerry

Old May 19th, 2006, 07:19 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

You are correct I do not travel and do not know how it all works Thank
you for enlightening me.

You have absolutely no idea of what goes on.

Of course I am a dumn arse unlike you....

Correct me if I am wrong but weren't there some airline/airport staff
in Australia caught loading/receiving drugs recently?

What has that got to do with anything? A person from Australia was
caught with drugs in her bag and she went to jail in Bali, she deserves
to. She was carrying her OWN boogie board bag, not someone elses and it
was full of drugs. A handful or drug mules with heroin strapped to
their bodies, were also caught and arrested. They should go to jail and
rot in there for all I care.

LOL. I have more experience with shipping internationally both by
sea and air than you will ever have - so I do know quite a bit about
what goes on and with dealing with Customs.

Well aren't you special, I stand in awe of your knowledge oh superior
one. All hail the one who has worked in the industry.

LOL = ? thats is pure patronising -

I never claimed ot have any experience in shipping or customs, so you
are talking out your arse, the fact you know more than me could be very
helpful, but the way you said it......doesn't mean anything at all
other than you think you are a better person by this comment -

"I have more experience with shipping internationally both by
sea and air than you will ever have"

It would be more helpful stating
I have xx years of experience in this area so I believe I am qualified
to inform you of the following... etc etc

see that would be helpful, but your tone just makes think - hmm
dickhead......

if your would like to offer helpful advice great, however I am betting
you live alone with at leats 7 cats

Old May 19th, 2006, 10:33 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

.. wrote:
On 18 May 2006 23:19:05 -0700, "
wrote:

Perhaps next time, you might like to just pick up your phone and dial
a toll free number and ask a freighting company or two to get some
good advice first.

There's probably quite a bit of info available at the companys'
websites.
Always 'when in doubt, ask'.

Again you are making an assumption, for your information I spoke to
several freight companies, via email and phone all were too expensive
and DHL yes a big company called DHL have you heard of them, advised me
to see if I could get someone to bring it over for me..........

So there you go, gotta another one wrong,

Maybe I need a lesson or 2 in shipping, you seem to need several
lessons in
communication and manners, nothing a good spanking wouldn't fix

Old May 19th, 2006, 11:44 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz

Any airfreight company in Australia should be able to sort out
something for you with their USA affiliates. If possible pay for
the freight in Australia so that customs dont touch you up for
overseas freight costs by adding GST.

Avoid FedX, DHL etc as they are overpriced for a low
value item - you dont need online tracking telling you the plane
is 150kms NW of Hawaii at 02:30hrs. Although FedX/DHL
can take payment here for an overseas consignment quite
easily, they will also pickup.

You'd better check with customs as to what you will be up for
with duty and GST though. Overseas airfreight costs can bump
you over the magic $1000 and you get hit up for duty and GST.

The item will not be allowed in as "personal effects" so expect a
bit of haggling with customs and AQIS.

Less than $1000 and you cant self clear the item through customs,
you have to employ a customs broker at about $150 to $250. It
all adds up though, expect to pay at least $150 in handling fees
to the airfreight company here, $45 (minimum) for AQIS inspection.