Cruise Lines

Old November 13th, 2005, 07:07 PM
D DAWN HILL

Default Cruise Lines

Is it true you get better deals going directly to the cruise line?

Old November 13th, 2005, 07:40 PM
number6

D DAWN HILL wrote:
Is it true you get better deals going directly to the cruise line?

Cruiselines depend on travel agents for the vast majority of their
sales ... they would never undercut their bread and butter ... In fact,
even when you buy a cruise through the cruiseline on board ... they
tell you to give the details to your travel agent ...
Cruiselines do not make their money on commissions travel agents do ...
and at times the travel agent will share some of that with the
purchaser ...and you get a slightly lower rate ... a cruiseline will
never lower that ...
The price the cruiseline charges changes as time goes on ... and every
travel agent is informed ... buying at the right time ... sometimes
early but often less than 45 days from sailing is when the best deals
occur ... and tweaking that best deal even better can only come from a
travel agent ...

Old November 13th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Tom K

"D DAWN HILL" wrote in message
Is it true you get better deals going directly to the cruise line?

Absolutely Not.

--Tom

Old November 13th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Dick G.

Except when they offer deals while you are cruising.
--
Dick G in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old November 13th, 2005, 11:29 PM
RichC

"Dick G." wrote in message
Except when they offer deals while you are cruising.
--
Dick G in Cherry Hill, NJ

It's been awhile since I've had an offer to go on a back to back cruise
after returning. Do they still do it?

Old November 14th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Dick G.

I cannot comment about back to back cruises, having never done one, but I do
know that the best "deal" we ever received was en route to Hawaii when we
booked Westerdam's maiden Trans-Atlantic voyage in 1994.

We booked a verandah room, got an upgrade to a mini-suite plus $150 per
person onboard credit. We then also were able to apply the stockholder's
credit of $125 per person so we started off with $550 in our account.
--
Dick G in Cherry Hill, NJ

"RichC" rcacace{REMOVE_TO_ wrote in message
news

Old November 14th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Tom K

"Dick G." wrote in message
Except when they offer deals while you are cruising.
--
Dick G in Cherry Hill, NJ

Add your agent's name to the booking, even when you book on board.

--Tom

Old November 14th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Dick G.

TK,

Fear not, our TA did get credit for our onboard booking and we received a
bottle of wine from HAL as their thanks.
--
Dick G in Cherry Hill, NJ