EU forces mobile price cuts (SMS, data etc.)

Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Default EU forces mobile price cuts (SMS, data etc.)

Seems timely, given some recent discussion here...

Basic upshot is that texts will be capped at 11 euro cents, data at 1
euro ber MB. (The latter is less than some UK companies (mostly PAYG)
charge for domestic data usage!)

(Caps ex VAT.)

Good news IMO.

(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
"The fact is that when I compose I never think of and never
have thought of meeting the listener." -George Perle (RIP 2009)

Old April 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Andy Pandy

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
Seems timely, given some recent discussion here...

Basic upshot is that texts will be capped at 11 euro cents, data at 1
euro ber MB. (The latter is less than some UK companies (mostly PAYG)
charge for domestic data usage!)

So is the former! Think my wife's tariff charges 12p for texts.

Wonder if the UK companies will put voice roaming charges up, now that the pound
has plummeted against the euro and the caps were set in euros?

--
Andy

Old April 24th, 2009, 03:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_6_]

1 Euro/MB is still too much. I currently pay 15 Euro/month for a
200MB/month package, i.e. 30 cents/MB. Would be great if this package
was valid for all EU countries and not just in my country.

--

Alfred Molon