Celebrity Dominates Traveler Survey!

Old January 20th, 2006, 03:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Celebrity Dominates Traveler Survey!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Celebrity Cruises and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Celebrity Dominates Annual Conde Nast Traveler Readers' Survey

Constellation, Millennium, Summit, and Infinity Rank One Through Four,
Respectively

MIAMI, Jan. 20
Within the same week of launching its major new "Celebrity Treatment"
ad campaign, Celebrity Cruises received some celebrity treatment of
its own. For the fourth consecutive year, the line swept Conde Nast
Traveler's annual readers' survey ranking "The Best Cruise Ships in
the World."

In the large-ship category, Constellation, Millennium, Summit and
Infinity ranked first through fourth, respectively. While Celebrity
has held the majority of the top rankings in the annual survey since
its inception, this is the first time the line has held every spot
from one through four.

Galaxy (ranked seventh) and Mercury (ranked ninth) rounded out the top
10. Celebrity's Century -- which will undergo a $55-million
revitalization in April of this year -- earned a 12th-place ranking.
Full survey results are published in the February edition of Conde
Nast Traveler.

Celebrity reprised its 2005 sweep of the survey's ratings in the
category of food/dining, with Mercury, Millennium, Century and Galaxy
shutting out the competition. Celebrity's Constellation and Summit
earned the first and third spots in the category of cabins, while
Galaxy and Constellation ranked second and fourth for itineraries.

The informed subscribers of Conde Nast Traveler evaluated ships on
five criteria: itineraries, crew/service, cabins/design, food/dining,
and activities/excursions

"Conde Nast Traveler's annual readers' survey is one of the most
prestigious polls in the business, so this is particularly meaningful
for us," said Celebrity's President Dan Hanrahan. "It is an enormous
endorsement of the extraordinary service and experience we offer
onboard."

Celebrity Cruises offers a comfortably sophisticated, upscale cruise
experience with highly personalized service, authentic five-star
dining, and extraordinary attention to detail. Its nine ships and the
line's service, cuisine and spas consistently dominate top travelers'
surveys. Celebrity sails in Alaska, Bermuda, California, the
Caribbean, Europe, the Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, the Mexican Riviera,
the Panama Canal and South America. For more information, call your
travel agent.
Old January 20th, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I don't understand, I just went to Conde Nast online
http://www.cntraveller.com/ReadersAw...005/Transport/ and the Feb
Magazine Readers Survey Awards says this
TRANSPORT

TRANSPORT - LARGE SHIPS

This year, Royal Caribbean International rules the waves for large
ships, with top scores for nightlife/entertainment (91),
facilities/activities (97) and value for money (92). Cunard Line wins for
standard/comfort of cabins (90) and P&O Cruises has the best variety of
destinations (95.15); Crystal Cruises scored highest for environmental
friendliness (86.07) and Princess Cruises scored above 80 in six out of
eight criteria.

1 Royal Caribbean International 87.04%
2 Cunard Line 85.85%
3 P&O Cruises 84.77%
4 Princess Cruises 83.06%
5 Crystal Cruises 82.65%

Perhaps they mean Celebrity, but they don't say it in their web site
anywhere. I was hoping to read it.

--
Shauna

)))

Attached Images

Old January 20th, 2006, 08:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Shauna wrote:
I don't understand, I just went to Conde Nast online
http://www.cntraveller.com/ReadersAw...005/Transport/ and the Feb
Magazine Readers Survey Awards says this

That's the British site, with two L's... (what the "L" is the
difference? LOL)

Here's the US site link:

http://www.concierge.com/bestof/gold...ry/cruiselines

How B

Old January 20th, 2006, 09:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

How B wrote:

Shauna wrote:

I don't understand, I just went to Conde Nast online
http://www.cntraveller.com/ReadersAw...005/Transport/ and the Feb
Magazine Readers Survey Awards says this

That's the British site, with two L's... (what the "L" is the
difference? LOL)

Here's the US site link:

http://www.concierge.com/bestof/gold...ry/cruiselines

Whoops sorry.. right site, wrong list. The Reader's choice awards are
different from the Gold List and are posted he
http://www.concierge.com/bestof/cruisepoll

However, the 2006 results haven't been posted on the web site yet, still
shows 2005 results.

HB

Old January 20th, 2006, 09:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I hate to rain on your parade, Shauna, but the lines are listed
alphabetically.

If you go by the scores Celebrity ranks number 7.

However, we have done two Celebrity cruises in the past, and they were as
good as any of the 20 we have been on.

Go! Enjoy!
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ