Rental car pickup in Orlando, drop in Port Canaveral?

Old November 5th, 2003, 04:03 AM
Berniez

Default Rental car pickup in Orlando, drop in Port Canaveral?

I am going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral on Feb 14. I am arriving in

Orlando on Feb 12. I want to rent a car in Orlando and return drop it
near the Port in Port Canaveral on Feb 14. Which agency would be best
for this.
Thanks,
Bernie

Old November 5th, 2003, 01:49 PM
JLeary256

Avis used to offer rentals???
Old November 5th, 2003, 02:47 PM
Klaus Müller

Berniez wrote:

I am going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral on Feb 14. I am arriving in
Orlando on Feb 12. I want to rent a car in Orlando and return drop it
near the Port in Port Canaveral on Feb 14.

According to my reservationsystem there is no car-rental-office in Port
Canaveral. I think you have to drop off the car at a nearby airport:

Transport Connections: Car/bus access to 4 nearby airports.
International Orlando airport, Melbourne airport, Tico-Ex airport,
Orlando Sanford airport.

Perhaps it's better to contact the port itself:

Tel: +1 321 783 7831
Fax: +1 321 783 3748
E-Mail:

Klaus

Old November 5th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Tim

Hi Bernie, Are you going on the Glory by chance ? I'm doing the glory,
renting a car from budget in orlando and dropping it off at Cocoa Beach ,
about 8 miles from port canaveral. Budget has a shuttle that runs to the
pier and will bring you there after dropping your car off. I figured haven't
figured out the trip back to the airport from the pier but I've been told
there are tons of busses and shuttles that you can take back.
You can also book your transfers through carnival to get back to the
airport.

Mark

. ..

Old November 5th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Bill C

Avis has an office a little over a mile from the port, right down the road
from the Radisson with a free shuttle to the pier.

6650 N Atlantic Ave, Cape Canaveral, FL 32930 , U S A
(1) 321-783-3643
Sun 08:00AM-04:00PM; Mon-Fri 08:00AM-06:00PM; Sat 08:00AM-03:00PM

Bill

"JLeary256" wrote in message
Avis used to offer rentals???

Old November 5th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Berniez

Yes,
I am going on the Glory. My wife and I are going with another
couple. We are trying to figure out the best and most cost effective
way for 4 of us to go from Orlando to the Port. We are definetly renting
a car upon arrival in Orlando which we want to drop off in Port
Canaveral. And then we also need to return to Orlando after the cruise.
A message has been posted saying Avis had an office 1 mile from the
port. Thanks for the tip on Budget. I will be looking into this for
transportation both ways.
Bernie

Tim wrote:
Hi Bernie, Are you going on the Glory by chance ? I'm doing the glory,
renting a car from budget in orlando and dropping it off at Cocoa Beach ,
about 8 miles from port canaveral. Budget has a shuttle that runs to the
pier and will bring you there after dropping your car off. I figured haven't
figured out the trip back to the airport from the pier but I've been told
there are tons of busses and shuttles that you can take back.
You can also book your transfers through carnival to get back to the
airport.

Mark

. ..