Earliest time for flight out of MIA

Old June 11th, 2006, 06:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Earliest time for flight out of MIA

Hi all

Just wondering what the earliest departure time you would book for a
flight out of MIA on the day of disembarkation from Port Everglades?
Was thinking of using the cruisline's transportation.

Thanks
Michael

Old June 11th, 2006, 07:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Wouldn't suggest anything before noon if you can. Using the cruise
line transportation is fine except they wait for a full bus before they
leave the terminal. Its a 40 minute ride down to Miami on 95. That
stretch of highway can have some heavy delays. Of course if you have a
flight before noon you can get early debarkation from the ship. I use
private car service and the charge is around $65 for the car service.
If there are alot of ships in port that day you will also have long
airline checkin lines and worst yet the security lines.
Just my suggestion for what its worth.

Old June 11th, 2006, 03:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I'm coming into Port Everglades and flying out of Miami at 11:08 AM. I
realize now this is cutting it too close, even if they get me off the
ship early. I'm now hoping the airline has a flight change for my
flight so I can change flights for free or I think I'm going to pay the
$50 per ticket change fee to get a later flight. A 50/50 chance of
making it on time isn't good enough. I don't want to be concerned about
THAT during my cruise!

Old June 11th, 2006, 05:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On the Carnival Valor last week, they didn't even begin general
debarkation until 10 a.m. because the ship was a bit late arriving in
Miami. We wouldn't have made an 11:08 a.m. flight even going from Port
of Miami to MIA. I think you're really taking a chance going from FLL
to MIA for an 11:08 a.m. flight. The security lines at MIA were pretty
long last week. Even if it costs $50 pp to make a change, I would do
it for peace of mind. Not worth ending a nice, relaxing vacation on a
stressful note.

Jo-Ann

Sue and Kevin Mullen wrote:
wrote:

Wouldn't suggest anything before noon if you can. Using the cruise
line transportation is fine except they wait for a full bus before they
leave the terminal. Its a 40 minute ride down to Miami on 95. That
stretch of highway can have some heavy delays. Of course if you have a
flight before noon you can get early debarkation from the ship. I use
private car service and the charge is around $65 for the car service.
If there are alot of ships in port that day you will also have long
airline checkin lines and worst yet the security lines.
Just my suggestion for what its worth.

Pre 9/11 we barely made a 12 or 12:30 flight, so noon is way too early
if using the cruiseline shuttle. We got early debarkation and they
waited to fill up the bus and this included people who had later
debarkation times.

sue

Old June 11th, 2006, 08:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Of course I have an alternative suggestion. After your cruise spend
the night in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. Avoid the whole airport thing
entirely on a cruise day and sail thru the next day unrushed, unstressed
and well rested. After the cruise go to a hotel and relax by the pool
or walk the beach and have a nice dinner. I have done this for the last
few years and it really takes all the stress away from a travel day.

Old June 11th, 2006, 09:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

RICK DAVIS wrote:
Of course I have an alternative suggestion. After your cruise spend
the night in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. Avoid the whole airport thing
entirely on a cruise day and sail thru the next day unrushed, unstressed
and well rested. After the cruise go to a hotel and relax by the pool
or walk the beach and have a nice dinner. I have done this for the last
few years and it really takes all the stress away from a travel day.

Most cruise lines arrive before 7:00AM and unload all of the luggage
before letting passengers off. They disemark by color coded tags.

So in reality, you can disemark at any time they call a color that
suits you time. Simply disembark telling them that you left your
luggage tags in the suitcase. They will not stop you.

However, you should not plan on taking a flight before noon from either
MIA or FLL.

Old June 11th, 2006, 09:28 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

RICK DAVIS wrote:
Of course I have an alternative suggestion. After your cruise spend
the night in Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. Avoid the whole airport thing
entirely on a cruise day and sail thru the next day unrushed, unstressed
and well rested. After the cruise go to a hotel and relax by the pool
or walk the beach and have a nice dinner. I have done this for the last
few years and it really takes all the stress away from a travel day.

I much prefer to stay 2 nights prior. I enjoy Miami to its max with the
anticipation of what is to come. Staying a day afterwards is only a
tiring day to me. I want to get home at that point.