Cheapest flights price (without an exact destination and time) searchengine

Old March 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
FiLiP[_2_]

Default Cheapest flights price (without an exact destination and time) searchengine

Hi!

I'm looking for a search engine which allows to find the cheapest
flights prices beside of an exact destination (only continent/country)
and exact date (only month). So I want to:
- type continent/country name for my departure place
- type continent/country name for my destination
- date
and that's all...

Do you know this type of search engine?

--
Best regards,

FiLiP
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air
TEP

OK, here's one option to examine the lowest fare to (or from) an airport,
but only to/from other US airports.
Go to http://search.travel.yahoo.com/bin/s...intl=us&dc=bwi.
This link if for BWI. For other US airports change "bwi" to the appropriate
3 letter code. For international service, go to BUZZ at kayak.com.

Old March 24th, 2008, 03:16 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

I'm looking for a search engine which allows to find the cheapest
flights prices beside of an exact destination (only continent/country)
and exact date (only month). So I want to:

I doubt you will find anything like that, since the number of flights
it would have to sift through would be enormous. The usefulness of
searches that coarse is dubious, too. After all, Tel Aviv and Seoul
are in the same continent, and Dutch Harbor and Key West are in the
same country.

If you have a reasonable idea of where you want to go, itasoftware.com
will do a month long search between two cities, or if you can pick a
date (or a two day range) will search for flights within a 300 mile
radius.

There are also some useful regional searches in Europe. On my web site
at http://airinfo.travel, click Route and schedule services and scroll
down to the Fare searches.

R's,
John
Old May 12th, 2008, 02:56 AM posted to rec.travel.air
FiLiP[_2_]

I found it! www.kayak.com! The best search engine!
Old May 12th, 2008, 02:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Binyamin Dissen

On Mon, 12 May 2008 03:56:27 +0200 FiLiP wrote:

:FiLiP wrote:
: Hi!

: I'm looking for a search engine which allows to find the cheapest
: flights prices beside of an exact destination (only continent/country)
: and exact date (only month). So I want to:
: - type continent/country name for my departure place
: - type continent/country name for my destination
: - date
: and that's all...

: Do you know this type of search engine?

:I found it! www.spamspamspam.com! The best search engine!

Now that you found your own search engine, exactly what would be the use of
such information? You want to go on an exact date, but don't care what part of
the country you are traveling from or to?

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old May 12th, 2008, 03:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dee#gee#ess

Binyamin Dissen wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 2008 03:56:27 +0200 FiLiP wrote:

:I found it! www.spamspamspam.com! The best search engine!

Now that you found your own search engine, exactly what would be the use of
such information? You want to go on an exact date, but don't care what part of
the country you are traveling from or to?

It's a pretty good bet that kayak.com is not a search engine belonging
to some pathetic pseudo-spammer from Poland. Kayak.com has been around
for a while, and it's a pretty good search aggregator (and is also the
same thing as Sidestep.com these days, AAMOF).
--
dgs
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:22 PM posted to rec.travel.air
FiLiP[_2_]

dee#gee#ess wrote:
Binyamin Dissen wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 2008 03:56:27 +0200 FiLiP wrote:

:I found it! www.spamspamspam.com! The best search engine!

Now that you found your own search engine, exactly what would be the
use of
such information? You want to go on an exact date, but don't care what
part of
the country you are traveling from or to?

It's a pretty good bet that kayak.com is not a search engine belonging
to some pathetic pseudo-spammer from Poland. Kayak.com has been around
for a while, and it's a pretty good search aggregator (and is also the
same thing as Sidestep.com these days, AAMOF).

I do not understand you guys. What's wrong with posting the address of
one of the best flight search engine which I have just found???
www.kayak.com is the answer not only to my needs. I can recommend it
without any doubts!

ps. is a fake mail, just a protection against spam.

FiLiP

Old May 13th, 2008, 01:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air
TEP

"FiLiP" wrote in message
I do not understand you guys. What's wrong with posting the address of
one of the best flight search engine which I have just found???
www.kayak.com is the answer not only to my needs. I can recommend it
without any doubts!

Nothing "wrong" with this search engine except it is not at all consistent
with the title of this thread!