Joystar on the brink of going out of business?

Old October 10th, 2008, 04:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default Joystar on the brink of going out of business?

http://www.travelpulse.com/Resources...l.aspx?n=46673

A quick recap:

Joystar isn't paying commissions on time and at least one travel agent is
suing them for $35,000 and other agents are hearing "the check will be in
the mail soon".

Joystar let their State Sellers of Travel licenses lapse in Florida and
California.

Joystar stock (Travelstar) has dropped to 5 cents a share... was as low as 1
cent a share)

Joystar laid off 5 people... only 15 people are working there now.

Ray Charles could have seen this coming.

If I had booked anything with a Joystar agent, I would be making damn sure
that the cruise line actually had my money by demanding to see a written
confirmation FROM THE CRUISE LINE... not from Joystar or any of their
agents.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Feb. 8, 2009 Solstice Valentine http://www.cruisemaster.com/solstice.htm
May 10, 2009 ALASKA http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old October 19th, 2008, 04:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

To Whom It May Concern:

We received this information/press release from the
trades/TravelPulse/Joystar and thought it may be of interest to this
newsgroup as well.

Happy sailing...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY (sm)
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

It's ironic how some on this newsgroup are so quick to make up and/or
circulate just what they perceive is negative information about Joystar.
Yet, when the truth is actually known, they obviously say nothing. Well,
even if they can't or won't, I certainly can. So here is the latest
information and truth in reference to the real situation about Joystar.
Likewise, from my understanding, Joystar is just not going after Royal
Caribbean International, but select individuals as well. Past information on
this very newsgroup should tell all.

October 17, 2008

Host agency Joystar said it is once again a licensed seller of travel in
California, Nevada and Washington. The state of Florida also verified that
Joystar has submitted all the required items and the company said it
expected to be reinstated in Florida as well by the end of the day. Bill
Alverson, Joystar CEO, said that once it has re-established its state seller
of travel status, it will be in compliance with CLIA membership requirements
and expects to be reinstated with that group as well. Alverson said the
nation's financial crisis had abruptly caused Bank of America, which held
Joystar's business bond, to restructure. The bank notified Florida that it
no longer held Joystar's bond, catching Joystar off guard. Transferring that
bond, a requirement to be certified as a seller of travel, took four or five
days, Alverson said. Additionally, Joystar staff had completed issuing
commission checks due to agents at the end of the day Thursday, said Kathy
West, executive vice president of Joystar.

"So all the agents are current as of this week," Alverson said. He added
that there had been "a lot of false information put out there by
competitors." But he said that Joystar has always treated its agents well
and the reinstatement of its state seller of travel licensing and CLIA
membership will reassure Joystar members. On a separate matter, Alverson
said Joystar has sent a letter to Royal Caribbean International, which last
year ended its relationship with Joystar and other agency groups that Royal
Caribbean had determined were card mills. Joystar is disputing that
decision, saying it is a legitimate host agency and not a card mill.
Alverson said if the matter is not resolved, "then we will more than likely
be forced to examine the next level. No on wants to sue anybody, but at the
same time we believe there's been some damage." For more information, visit
www.joystar.com.

Source:
* TravelPulse
- http://www.travelpulse.com/Resources...l.aspx?n=46934

Old October 21st, 2008, 12:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"John Sisker" wrote in message
[...]

So if I read this right, Joystar admits that their licenses/registrations
lapsed and were late in paying some travel agent commissions. Joystar now
says they have corrected these situations.

What exactly was posted on this newsgroup that was incorrect?

The truth shall set you free........