Radisson Becomes Regent!

Old March 7th, 2006, 03:48 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Radisson Becomes Regent!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from the Carlson Companies and thought
it would be of interest. This rumored change has taken over 2-years
to become true. g If you have missed any of my news' postings, they
are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

More Than Changing A Name, Regent Seven Seas Cruises Builds on
Acclaim, Evolving With Upgraded Amenities And 'Personalized Luxury' to
Align With Regent Hotels Globally

"Personalized Luxury" Reflected in Seamless Ship-To-Shore Operations
With Regent Hotels And Re-Named Cruise Line

NEW YORK, March 7
Signaling its enduring commitment to the luxury business and its
Regent brand, Carlson Companies, one of the world's leading
hospitality, travel and marketing companies, today announced an
evolutionary step: the merger of Regent Hotels and Radisson Seven Seas
Cruises under its global Regent banner.

The new global Regent brand will encompass Regent Hotels and Radisson
Seven Seas Cruises, which will change its name to Regent Seven Seas
Cruises with immediate effect, reflecting its alignment with Regent
Hotels, born in Asia and legendary for service.

The re-branding of the cruise line - which has earned a reputation for
distinguished luxury cruising since its inception in 1992 - also
signals the continued upgrading of amenities throughout the fleet.
Regent Hotels, with its portfolio of luxury properties worldwide
(expanding from the current eight to 16 in the next five years), was
acquired by Carlson Companies in 1997.

In shedding its old name for its new brand identity, Radisson Seven
Seas Cruises is not just becoming Regent Seven Seas Cruises, "Our
acclaimed cruise line is evolving to a new higher level," said Jay
Witzel, president and CEO of Carlson Hotels Worldwide and Carlson
Cruises Worldwide.

Sketching out developments over the next 18 months, including the
upgrading of suite design, décor, amenities and technology plus the
roll out of innovative new product offerings and services, Witzel
noted that Regent Seven Seas would align with Regent Hotels under the
theme of "The Regent Experience."

But for the new Regent Seven Seas Cruises, he stressed, "some things
will not change." Building on the finest accommodations at sea, with
the world's only all-balcony suite vessels, intimately small and
mid-sized ships, award- winning cuisine, celebrated itineraries to
over 300 ports worldwide and an elegant ambience with gracious service
guests rave about, "the line is evolving naturally to its next logical
step," Witzel noted.

Since its inception in 1992, Radisson Seven Seas has won acclaim in
the luxury category as one of the "World's Best Cruise Lines." Having
raised the bar on luxury through its ownership of the all-balcony
suite concept, and partnerships with famed Le Cordon Bleu® and
Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ocean Futures Society, the re-branding from
Radisson to Regent Seven Seas Cruises "keeps pace with valuable
insights gained from guests, prospective affluent travelers and our
extensive proprietary research," said Mark Conroy, president of Regent
Seven Seas Cruises.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises® is part of Carlson Companies, a global
leader in the hotel, restaurant, business and leisure travel, and
marketing industries.

For further information or to make reservations contact your travel
professional.
Old March 8th, 2006, 10:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 10:48:13 -0500, Ray Goldenberg wrote
(in article ):

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from the Carlson Companies and thought
it would be of interest. This rumored change has taken over 2-years
to become true. g If you have missed any of my news' postings, they
are available on my web site.

So they named themselves after a bankrupted cruise line... What a dumb move.

Old March 8th, 2006, 11:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Blackbird71 wrote in
:

So they named themselves after a bankrupted cruise line... What a dumb
move.

They didn't think that the Radisson name gave the right impression to
the American market where their hotels aren't as nice as the ones in
Europe. Regent was thought to convey an upper crust experience. Of
course every Travel Agent with 5 or more years experience said the same
as you at every meeting where the name was brought up. They aren't
selling to the TA's though, and their research must support the change.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old March 8th, 2006, 02:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 05:04:00 -0500, Blackbird71 wrote:

So they named themselves after a bankrupted cruise line... What a dumb move.

Hi,

As a clarification, they did not name themselves after a bankrupted
cruise line. The cruise line that went bankrupt was a budget cruise
line named Regency. I know because I have some of their bad checks to
prove it. :+( FWIW, I don't think Regent Seven Seas clients will
confuse them with the old Regency.

Old March 9th, 2006, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
| On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 05:04:00 -0500, Blackbird71 wrote:
|

| So they named themselves after a bankrupted cruise line... What a dumb
move.

| Hi,
|
| As a clarification, they did not name themselves after a bankrupted
| cruise line. The cruise line that went bankrupt was a budget cruise
| line named Regency. I know because I have some of their bad checks to
| prove it. :+( FWIW, I don't think Regent Seven Seas clients will
| confuse them with the old Regency.
|
| Best regards,
| Ray
| LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
| 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
| http://www.lighthousetravel.com

And, if anyone is too stupid to understand the difference, those of us who
sail on RSSC won't miss them.

Diane

Old March 9th, 2006, 05:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

**** you in your nose, you self-righteous bitch.
--
http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html
Old March 9th, 2006, 05:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

You know your posts are mostly all the faxes and emails we as travel
professionals are already getting. Do you think you could open a new
use group for your posts of this type??

Old March 9th, 2006, 08:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 09:22:03 -0500, Ray Goldenberg wrote
(in article ):

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 05:04:00 -0500, Blackbird71 wrote:

So they named themselves after a bankrupted cruise line... What a dumb
move.

Hi,

As a clarification, they did not name themselves after a bankrupted
cruise line. The cruise line that went bankrupt was a budget cruise
line named Regency. I know because I have some of their bad checks to
prove it. :+( FWIW, I don't think Regent Seven Seas clients will
confuse them with the old Regency.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

I have sailed on RSSC - 12 day Amazon... And have NEVER heard of a Regent
hotel until this. But I have been sailing since 82 and have also sailed on
the Regent Star.

Old March 9th, 2006, 02:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

travelexpert wrote:

You know your posts are mostly all the faxes and emails we as travel
professionals are already getting. Do you think you could open a new
use group for your posts of this type??

Mr. travelexpert or do you have a real name??

Since when you reply to a post, you don't show who you are responding
to, I have to assume that you are talking to Ray Goldenberg here?

The majority of posters/readers on RTC are not travel professionals
and do not get the faxes or emails that Ray gets and you claim to get.
Most of us do appreciate him sharing them with us. Each one of us can
pick and choose the information we are interested in.

There is no need to form a new group for this type of information, RTC
is about sharing cruise related information and it all belongs right
here. Maybe you should read the RTC History and Charter before telling
Ray to take his cruise information elsewhere. You can find the charter
and history at:
http://www.seacruisereviews.com/rtccharter.htm

sue
Old March 9th, 2006, 03:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I refer to the last two sentences! . Users are strongly urged to keep
messages of a confrontational or argumentative nature to a minimum.
Finally, it is requested that articles posted to rec.travel.cruises not
be cross-posted to rec.travel or the other travel newsgroups. Since
these messages are clearly available elsewhere!