Bad experience with Lufthansa for family flying with infants

Old April 10th, 2006, 07:16 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Default Bad experience with Lufthansa for family flying with infants

Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience of my family's recent flight from
SFO-India. We have a 7 month old kid and the main reason we chose
Lufthansa is because the total travel time from SFO to India is 20
hours. We thought this is great because our baby has to be in the plane
for less time when compared to other airliners whose travel time is
longer than 20 hours because of stopovers.

Well, The air hostesses during the flight from SFO to Frankfurt were
totally irresponsible and careless, always talk about rules, even when
the baby is screaming and take astonishingly longer time to give hot
water for baby food.

As soon as my wife got to her seat, she asked for the bassinett because
we came to the aiport 3 hours earlier and the baby was trying to sleep
and was fuzzy because we were holding him in our hands for more than 3
hours. The air hostess said she can't give the bassinett untill all the
passengers have settled down on their seats... What the ....?

And during the flight when she asked for hot water, it took them around
20 minutes (to bring 8 oz hot water) . The baby was screaming all while
and no air hostesses seemed to care.

The air hostesses during the flight from Frankfurt to India were really
great and their service was excellent.

I guess the serivice you receive in the plane is dependent on your luck
and your hostesses mood.

We will think twice before flying in Lufthansa again.

Hope this information is helpful for other who are planning to travel
with babies.

Old April 10th, 2006, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

In article .com,
says...

As soon as my wife got to her seat, she asked for the bassinett because
we came to the aiport 3 hours earlier and the baby was trying to sleep
and was fuzzy because we were holding him in our hands for more than 3
hours.

What - you didn't have a baby buggy ?

The air hostess said she can't give the bassinett untill all the
passengers have settled down on their seats... What the ....?

We've flown three times over the past year and a half to Malaysia with
our now 2 years old daughter. While in the airport we kept the baby in
the baby buggy, where she could sleep if necessary. We just had to give
the baby buggy to the airline staff at the very last minute before
entering the plane. Then (we flew Munich-Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur) we would
get back the baby buggy immediately after landing in Bangkok, so also
there no need to hold the baby in the arms.

By the way, on all (Thai airlines) flights we took the hostesses set up
the bassinett more or less after the passengers had boarded the plane.

And during the flight when she asked for hot water, it took them around
20 minutes (to bring 8 oz hot water) . The baby was screaming all while
and no air hostesses seemed to care.

That's not good. The hot water should have come faster.

The air hostesses during the flight from Frankfurt to India were really
great and their service was excellent.

I guess the serivice you receive in the plane is dependent on your luck
and your hostesses mood.

We will think twice before flying in Lufthansa again.

Hope this information is helpful for other who are planning to travel
with babies.

Next time travel with a baby buggy.
--

Alfred Molon
http://www.molon.de - 7000 photos of Asia, Africa and Europe
Old April 10th, 2006, 08:01 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

In article .com,
wrote:

[...]

It is, but it sounds to me like the person who most needs the advice
didn't heed it.
Old April 12th, 2006, 12:23 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

Definitely agree with the recommendation to keep the stroller handy. When
we flew domestic in Aust when our daughter was 3 weeks old, we were told the
stroller had to be checked in immediately. When we protested we were told
we could get a loan one, which turned out to be at the other end of the
airport. When we protested louder, we were able to keep the stroller until
boarding. We used that lesson for future travel. More, than anything, the
stroller was handy for bags and other baby equipment. It's even more
important when travelling overseas when you have to check in so long in
advance.

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article .com,
says...

Old April 13th, 2006, 07:16 AM posted to rec.travel.asia

wrote:
Hello,

Just wanted to share my experience of my family's recent flight from
SFO-India. We have a 7 month old kid and the main reason we chose
Lufthansa is because the total travel time from SFO to India is 20
hours. We thought this is great because our baby has to be in the plane
for less time when compared to other airliners whose travel time is
longer than 20 hours because of stopovers.

Well, The air hostesses during the flight from SFO to Frankfurt were
totally irresponsible and careless, always talk about rules, even when
the baby is screaming and take astonishingly longer time to give hot
water for baby food.

Damn, you mean they made you follow the rules???? How cruel can they
be?

It seems to me that from reading your post you took a baby on board,
let it scream and yell for hours and expected the airline to handle it
for you. If you're not willing to be responsible for your child then
give it up for adoption.

As soon as my wife got to her seat, she asked for the bassinett because
we came to the aiport 3 hours earlier and the baby was trying to sleep
and was fuzzy because we were holding him in our hands for more than 3
hours. The air hostess said she can't give the bassinett untill all the
passengers have settled down on their seats... What the ....?

Rules? Is there a reason why you expected them to violate the rules
because you went to the airport 3 hours early?

And during the flight when she asked for hot water, it took them around
20 minutes (to bring 8 oz hot water) . The baby was screaming all while
and no air hostesses seemed to care.

So you expected them to drop everything and take care of you first?

You are one of those people who cause problems for everyone else
travelling with children. You are the reason that others (like me) get
fed up with people travelling with children. Most are responsible. It
seems to me that the only difference between you and the child is that
it stopped whining and crying when it got fed. You continue.

Old April 15th, 2006, 06:44 PM posted to rec.travel.asia

next time you can consider flying with Singapore Airlines. Their service is
really excellent.

Cathay Pacific is also good but i've heard some comments that the air
stewardesses were nice to westerners only... I'm not sure whether or not
it's true. When I flied with them, the air stewardess was nice to me.

In some way, I feel that asian airlines did better than european airlines,
in terms of service and facilities.

???
oups.com ???...