Le Pavillon Hotel in New Orleans

Old April 2nd, 2004, 10:57 PM
siestaclaud

Default Le Pavillon Hotel in New Orleans

We have stayed here and it was wonderful. IIt was even during crazy Mardi
Gra time. It is a short walk/cab to the Quarter, and you can catch the
street car just a few blocks away. It was even better than we expected.
The rooms were HUGE up to date and very clean. The room service was awsome.
The breakfast buffet was excellent. The concierge was even a big help when
we asked for a map, and some directions.

I would stay there again in a minute.

Claudia
wrote in message ...
Cruising the Conquest out of New Orleans in May, and BW and I plan to
arrive a couple of days early to let her see The Big Easy for her first
time.

Been looking at places to stay on hotels.com, and found Le Pavillon--it
sounds almost too good to be true! A really ritzy, deluxe place for
only $129/night (plus tax), even on weekends.

Is this hotel really everything their promo material says they are?

Thanks in advance,

Lakeside

Old April 4th, 2004, 05:40 PM
scott

If you can book it at that price do so. That is a wonderful historic old
style new orleans hotel. It is truly one of our most beautiful hotels. Great
location between the quarter and the garden district. It is not to far off
the street car line so you will have easy access to both. If you can not
tell I highly recommend this hotel.

scott

Old April 6th, 2004, 05:18 AM

scott wrote:

If you can book it at that price do so. That is a wonderful historic old
style new orleans hotel. It is truly one of our most beautiful hotels. Great
location between the quarter and the garden district. It is not to far off
the street car line so you will have easy access to both. If you can not
tell I highly recommend this hotel.

scott

Thanks, Scott, and all who replied.

Confirmed at $129 per night plus tax.

Decided against the $300/night for 5/16--going to stay in the Garden
District for the one night.

Lakeside
Old May 22nd, 2004, 07:28 AM

wrote:

Cruising the Conquest out of New Orleans in May, and BW and I plan to
arrive a couple of days early to let her see The Big Easy for her first
time.

Been looking at places to stay on hotels.com, and found Le Pavillon--it
sounds almost too good to be true! A really ritzy, deluxe place for
only $129/night (plus tax), even on weekends.

Is this hotel really everything their promo material says they are?

Thanks in advance,

Lakeside

Cruise completed as planned, and stayed at Le Pavillon as planned.
ELEGANT!!!!!

Can't say enough good about the place. Elegance and glamour was
everywhere--on the front of the hotel via marble statuary and columns,
and doorman in formal wear with top hat and white gloves. The lobby
evoked the grandeur of a time gone by. Room, though small, was just as
glamorous and well appointed.

Yet, with all this elegance, it was NOT stuffy. The entire staff was
exceptionally friendly, genuinely so. They seemed to enjoy being there
to serve their guests. I believe I read somewhere that many of the
staff have worked at the hotel for many years, almost as family. Their
loyalty showed in their attitude and manner.

The peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the lobby at night were great;
and, there was milk, hot chocolate, and fresh fruit as well. The lobby
was a casual and informal gathering place at that time, with many guests
coming down in their robes (furnished, of course, by the hotel). Just
around the corner, the music from the piano bar was quite
enjoyable--jazz, ballads, and the like played by a talented lady
pianist. The pool was on the roof, and afforded a nice view of
surrounding city. I could see a ship at the Julia street terminal.
Also, a very well equipped exercise room was on the same floor. Also,
FREE coffee in the dining room in the mornings! That wasn't advertised,
but it was there. Buffet breakfast is pricey, at $15+; but, if all you
want is coffee, they are quite happy to point you to it.

I read a negative review (I think via hotels.com link) in which the
reviewer complained that the room smelled, was poorly furnished, and he
was bothered by drunks next door. Well, I can say that my room did not
smell, and it was sharply furnished. As for noisy drunks, that happens
in any hotel--can't blame that on the one.

All in all, it was an exceptionally pleasant and comfortable stay.

Stranger