Anyone Know of a Female Ship's Captain?

Old May 18th, 2004, 03:02 AM
Jim

Default Anyone Know of a Female Ship's Captain?

What is a "Female Ship"?, much less a "Captain of a Female
Ship"?????????

Hmmmmmmmmm..............Jim

Old May 18th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Howie

Jim wrote:

What is a "Female Ship"?, much less a "Captain of a Female
Ship"?????????

Hmmmmmmmmm..............Jim

Actually, all ships are female, Jim. Hey, I just finished reading 65
student papers. This always plays havoc with my grammar.

Howie

Old May 18th, 2004, 05:32 PM
SNUMBER6

From: Howie

All ships are female ... that's why we refer to them as she ...

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

Old May 19th, 2004, 12:44 AM
SNUMBER6

From: "Dick Goldhaber"

I haven't and I don't know why not.

I wouldn't have a problem with either a Captain or a Cruise Director.

Or even an exotic dancer ...

Be seeing you
In the Village
Number 6

Old May 19th, 2004, 02:39 AM
PARNAMI

I am not aware of one working for Royal Caribbean but there certainly
may be one.

I believe RCI had a women Captain..in line for master..but..she made the
infortunate mistake of coming on the bridge..in a skimpy outfit. Her career
with RCI ended as a result. So close...but one silly mistake in
judgment.and pow..it's all over.

Cruising is like being awake, and dreaming!

Visit my cruise page:
http://parnami.tripod.com/

Old May 20th, 2004, 02:30 AM
PARNAMI

OK, but fair's fair: we better not see any of those European Captains in
their favored skimpy Speedos out at the bow pool. ;-)

The bow pool isn't the bridge!

Old May 20th, 2004, 04:27 AM
Brian K

On 05/17/2004 8:33 PM Howie plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:

If not; then why not?

Howie

There's Capt. Annie Bonnie - she was a Pirate Captain. Navy officers of
both Brittan and France were afraid of her. Even other Pirate Captains
would avoid her on the high seas.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.