Trip to Papua New Guinea

Old August 29th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Markus Manninger

Default Trip to Papua New Guinea

Hi,

I plan a trip to Australia and New Zealand and also want to visit Papua
New Guinea! I am travlling as a backpacker and have to pay attantion to
my money i can spend so i'm thinking about going there by ship or boat.
PNG (or Indonesia) is approx. 320 Miles away from the north top of Cape
York. Does anyone know a cheap way to get there - by ship, cheap flight
or any other possibility?

Has anyone allready been in PNG and knows some tips or good websites.
I'm sure its not so easy traveling there as a backpacker so any
information will be useful for me!

Tanks,
Max
Old August 31st, 2005, 04:47 AM
Waz

http://www.pngcanberra.org/tourism/index.htm
http://www.pngtourism.org.pg/
http://www.kokodatrail.com.au/traveltips.html

It is not much but might be a starting point for you if you have any better
websites can you post them here so I can have a look as well am specially
interested in Kokoda trail thinking about it in 2 years time
Warren