Meals on planes

Old August 9th, 2008, 02:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Default Meals on planes

I feel like I am always playing Russian roulette when it comes to
meals on the plane.
Airlines no longer serve food (which considering the selection/quality
is probably a good thing). And depending on the time of day, terminal
and airport, its like playing the lottery where often the selection
and quality of the food is lacking.
Bringing food from outside to-go restaraunts has its risks also, as
food gets cold, soggy etc and can even raise paraonia when going
through aiport security.

I would like to know how others are dealing with food issues when
flying. Please share your ideas.
Old August 9th, 2008, 05:50 AM posted to rec.travel.air
VS[_1_]

In article ,
wrote:

I would like to know how others are dealing with food issues when
flying. Please share your ideas.

Use airlines that serve food on their flights.

Old August 9th, 2008, 06:14 AM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

I usually eat before boarding in the terminal or stop by somewhere
before going to the airport..........

---
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old August 9th, 2008, 11:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Rog'

wrote:
I feel like I am always playing Russian roulette when it comes
to meals on the plane... I would like to know how others are
dealing with food issues when flying. Please share your ideas.

Quiznos sub sandwiches, mesquite chicken. Stick it in a ziplock
and stuff it in your carry-on or wife's purse. Fellow passengers
and flight attendant will be jealous.

Old August 9th, 2008, 11:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JohnT[_4_]

"Rog'" wrote in message
I feel like I am always playing Russian roulette when it comes
to meals on the plane... I would like to know how others are
dealing with food issues when flying. Please share your ideas.

Quiznos sub sandwiches, mesquite chicken. Stick it in a ziplock
and stuff it in your carry-on or wife's purse. Fellow passengers
and flight attendant will be jealous.

It isn't a problem in Europe where all airlines except for the budget ones
serve meals and free drinks. In peasant/steerage/coach class the meals
usually aren't anything to write home about. Most people want to get from A
to B rather than experience culinary treats, so why don't you just wait
until you get home or to your destination before eating?
--
JohnT

Old August 9th, 2008, 11:51 AM posted to rec.travel.air
tim.....

"JohnT" wrote in message
"Rog'" wrote in message
I feel like I am always playing Russian roulette when it comes
to meals on the plane... I would like to know how others are
dealing with food issues when flying. Please share your ideas.

Quiznos sub sandwiches, mesquite chicken. Stick it in a ziplock
and stuff it in your carry-on or wife's purse. Fellow passengers
and flight attendant will be jealous.

It isn't a problem in Europe where all airlines except for the budget ones
serve meals and free drinks.

You obviously don't travel with LH or their partners. They haven't served
anything that even approached a meal (a sandwich) for at least 5 years
(perhaps only on the shorter routes), and have even stopped given out
pretzels.

tim

Old August 10th, 2008, 01:06 AM posted to rec.travel.air
LVTravel[_2_]

Come on now, Durian would get rid of everyone on the whole plane. Ever want
to open the door at 35,000 feet. Take a ripe Durian out of a sealed plastic
bag. When I was last in Malaysia I could smell them a block away. No
wonder most hotels won't allow them in the doors in KL.

"SMS" wrote in message

I would like to know how others are dealing with food issues when
flying. Please share your ideas.

I bring a meal of stinky tofu ("en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinky_tofu") and
durian ("en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian"). It's healthy, filling, and it
gets rid of the annoying person in the middle seat.