Grooming between airport and hotel room

Old November 7th, 2008, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Ken Litwak

Default Grooming between airport and hotel room

In about two weeks I'll be taking a red eye from LAX to BOS, arriving
very early in the morning. My main purpose for traveling is to attend
teaching job interviews at my academic field's national conference.
Since hotel rooms are normally not available until about 3 PM in the
afternoon, I'm wondering how I can get a shower in in the eight hours
between the plane and the hotel room. Any suggestions? I'm in coach,
so I don't have special privileges at American's lounge thing that first
class passengers can visit.
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:55 AM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

You can try to check-in early...........but if you really need a
shower you can try to get access to the gym or pool.

---
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old November 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"Ken Litwak" wrote in message
In about two weeks I'll be taking a red eye from LAX to BOS, arriving very
early in the morning. My main purpose for traveling is to attend teaching
job interviews at my academic field's national conference. Since hotel
rooms are normally not available until about 3 PM in the afternoon, I'm
wondering how I can get a shower in in the eight hours between the plane
and the hotel room. Any suggestions? I'm in coach, so I don't have
special privileges at American's lounge thing that first class passengers
can visit.

If you're willing to pay for an extra day, get the room a day early, and
have it held for late arrival. Just explain this to the Hotel. That way
you can move in before your meeting, and just return to the hotel
afterwards.

Old November 8th, 2008, 04:48 PM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On 7 Nov, 16:12, "Jim Davis" wrote:
"Ken Litwak" wrote in message

In about two weeks I'll be taking a red eye from LAX to BOS, arriving very
early in the morning. My main purpose for traveling is to attend teaching
job interviews at my academic field's national conference. Since hotel
rooms are normally not available until about 3 PM in the afternoon, I'm
wondering how I can get a shower in in the eight hours between the plane
and the hotel room. *Any suggestions? *I'm in coach, so I don't have
special privileges at American's lounge thing that first class passengers
can visit.

If you're willing to pay for an extra day, get the room a day early, and
have it held for late arrival. *Just explain this to the Hotel. *That way
you can move in before your meeting, and just return to the hotel
afterwards.

If you follow the excellent advice above, be sure that the
hotel understands exactly what you are doing. Otherwise
there is a very small, but finite, chance that they will
invalidate the booking (particularly if it is prepaid)
because you did not check in on the day contracted.
Old November 8th, 2008, 11:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
SMS

Ken Litwak wrote:
In about two weeks I'll be taking a red eye from LAX to BOS, arriving
very early in the morning. My main purpose for traveling is to attend
teaching job interviews at my academic field's national conference.
Since hotel rooms are normally not available until about 3 PM in the
afternoon, I'm wondering how I can get a shower in in the eight hours
between the plane and the hotel room. Any suggestions? I'm in coach,
so I don't have special privileges at American's lounge thing that first
class passengers can visit.

The Hilton hotel at Logan airport will let you use the spa and health
club for $10. You can walk there via the skybridge from the airport. It
opens at 5:30 a.m..

"http://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/content/BOSLHHH/media/pdf/BOSLHHH_membership_pricing_v2.pdf"
"http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/hotelpromo.jhtml?ctyhocn=BOSLHHH&promo=fitness"
Old November 11th, 2008, 08:13 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Quark

Excellent suggestion from SMS below. Another possibility is to call
the hotel the previous evening and ask about your chances for an
early check-in. if they are not full up in your room category they
will likely let you have the room earlier.

Old November 11th, 2008, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
AES

In article
,

On Nov 8, 5:54*pm, SMS wrote:
Ken Litwak wrote:

The Hilton hotel at Logan airport will let you use the spa and health
club for $10. You can walk there via the skybridge from the airport. It
opens at 5:30 a.m..

As a generalization on this thread: The train stations (Hauptbahnhofs)
in larger European cities (e.g., Munich) will often have "pay shower"
facilities where you pay so many Euros for 30 min use of a combined
shower-dressing room compartment. Likely in major airports also.
Old November 15th, 2008, 01:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

On Nov 7, 3:01*am, Ken Litwak wrote:
In about two weeks I'll be taking a red eye from LAX to BOS, arriving
very early in the morning. My main purpose for traveling is to attend
teaching job interviews at my academic field's national conference.
Since hotel rooms are normally not available until about 3 PM in the
afternoon, I'm wondering how I can get a shower in in the eight hours
between the plane and the hotel room. *Any suggestions? *I'm in coach,
so I don't have special privileges at American's lounge thing that first
class passengers can visit.

If your job interview is of the slightest importance, travel the day
before. You could not possible do yourself justice after such a long
journey. And what if your 'plane is late?