Ft Lauderdale - Holiday Inn or Howard Johnson's?

Old February 10th, 2004, 11:37 PM
Ann B.

Default Ft Lauderdale - Holiday Inn or Howard Johnson's?

Hi,
Would anyone have any experience with either the Holiday Inn Ft
Lauderdale Beach or the Howard Johnson's, also on the beach about 1
mile further north?

Wondering if they're both good hotels, well-located to restaurants,
located on nice beach, comfy, well-equipped rooms, etc. Anyone
knowing either place please share your experiences. I need to decide
soon which one to stay in and having trouble deciding based only on
promotional material. Thanks!!

Cheers,
Ann

To email: replace 'REMOVE' with 'b' in email address.
Old February 11th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Brian K

On 02/10/2004 6:37 PM Ann B. after palpating a Gingko, electronically
interjected:

Hi,
Would anyone have any experience with either the Holiday Inn Ft
Lauderdale Beach or the Howard Johnson's, also on the beach about 1
mile further north?

Wondering if they're both good hotels, well-located to restaurants,
located on nice beach, comfy, well-equipped rooms, etc. Anyone
knowing either place please share your experiences. I need to decide
soon which one to stay in and having trouble deciding based only on
promotional material. Thanks!!

Cheers,
Ann

To email: replace 'REMOVE' with 'b' in email address.

Ann,

The location of these hotels is good, but understand that they have been
around for quite some time and are very, very shop worn and beat - up.

Check out some of the smaller hotels at http://sunny.org

A lot of these older Art Deco style small hotels have undergone major
renovations and often are run like a bed & breakfast featuring the same
luxuries you'd find in larger hotels for less the price. I don't know
if the Gold Coast fits your budget. It has undergone major renovations
in the last two years. There is a restaurant on premises that often
features specials like stone crab claws at a special lower price for
hotel guests only. Villa Venice is another that comes to mind, although
it's two blocks from the ocean.

Don't overlook the smaller hotels that are a block or two from the
ocean. It's not that much of a walk, and at night your room won't be
subject to the traffic noise from A1A.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.