Relocation to ... NC , SC, VA ?

Old October 15th, 2006, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Default Relocation to ... NC , SC, VA ?

Will do thanks

Surprised that so far only one vote FOR sc and no others.

"kokonutty" wrote in message
ups.com...
There's an interesting website where you can fill in a questionnaire,
add your preferences and get a listing of locations that will satisfy
your needs. It will also give ratings for crime rate, cost of living,
etc.. Check it out at findyourspot.com.

States don't have high or low crime rates. Cities, towns and areas
might but
the variation within a state is too broad to base it on state. As for
taxes,
you have to count them all (including local property taxes which vary
for
each town) then add in all the fees (tolls, car registration, etc.) to
figure out which has the lowest. Figure all in all, they really
don't vary much in nearby states. After all, what you save in income
and sales taxes in NH vs. MA, you make up for in other taxes
and fees or differences in services.
If you find a good job, the difference in taxes doesn't mean much.

John

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
. ..
I'm living in Mass now and considering moving south. I've been in the
computer business (hardware) for 30 yrs and its getting too small
/cheap
to make a living. Customers that used to be $10,000/mo for maintenance
are
now $250 - if they even want a maintenance contract, so I'm looking
for a
change of career / location.

I've played tourist and loved Charleston ( a LOT like Boston but
warmer )
, but seemed like the economy was only " tourism ". I made small talk
with
a lot of business owners and they all agreed (without my prompting)
that
tourism IS the economy in the coastal part of the state. Same thing
along
the NC coast. I would like to remain near the ocean so Ashland,
Charlotte
not an option - just coastal

I wouldn't need to own the business - just a job. BUT before packing
my
bags and just heading there I'd like to ask opinions : of those
states
which to choose ? or avoid ? Why ? High taxes ? Crime rates ? etc

Old October 15th, 2006, 04:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Took the quiz and here's the results:

Here's my recommended list from FindYourSpot.com's quiz:

Hampton, Virginia
Norfolk, Virginia
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Durham, North Carolina

[...]